Money & The Italian Job

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Marshall
Embryo
Embryo

Money & The Italian Job

Post by Marshall »

Maybe this has already been discussed and my apologies if it has, but I saw the movie The Italian Job(Mark Wahlberg, Charlize Theron, Ed Norton) last night and a couple times Money was played as the soundtrack music. However, it was not performed by PF, but some other band I don't know. Anyone know who it was by any chance? I didn't stick around long enough to see all the credits. A pretty lame performance of that song, which pales in comparison to the original, IMHO.

Overall a good movie, btw.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Scott Weiland and ex Guns N' Roses members Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I suppose it's cheaper for the film company that way ..? It happens all the time I guess - i remmember somebody else singing 'Yesterday' in that Mr Bean movie, and it was awful..
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Neil wrote:I suppose it's cheaper for the film company that way ..? It happens all the time I guess - i remmember somebody else singing 'Yesterday' in that Mr Bean movie, and it was awful..
Wasn't that Bean homself and his fellow? Mr. Bean was good movie when I watched it for the first time.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I want to go see The Itanlien job maybe I can ask my crush or male friend to go with me.
Neil

Post by Neil »

JML wrote:Wasn't that Bean homself and his fellow? Mr. Bean was good movie when I watched it for the first time.
Yes Bean sang it with his friend when they were a bit drunk.. however it was playing in the background earlier in the film by someone other than the Beatles..
Bean is funny!!!
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

This new Italian Job is a pale conversion of the original.

So having a cover of Money suits it fine, imho
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Neil wrote:Bean is funny!!!
My fav episode is Merry Christmas Mr. Bean... in that episode he gets lots of cards :D When I watch that episode, I can see myself 30 years from now.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Is this Italian Job exactly the same as the original or what? Basically is it a proper remake or just a cash in?
Marshall
Embryo
Embryo

Italian Job

Post by Marshall »

I never saw the original and don't know much about it. But I did like this new version. More entertaining overall than Matrix2 IMO.