Favorite insturment

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Favorite insturment

Post by princessDungan74D »

What is your favorite insturment? just wondered.

I sort play bass(lol Roger Waters).Its fun but hard. I also like th drums and drummers. I have always had a thing with a guy behind a drum. I think it would be cool to learn how but I proubly won't anytime soon. :cry:
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Drums & Guitar
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Drums
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

vocals if they count, a good vocalist can make a band while a bad one can break a band.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

I love all the instruments. :)
Last edited by Diin Jaffa on Mon Jun 16, 2003 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I love all the instruments under the sun. :-)

Drums are pretty special though! I like those as I can go mad on them when I play! I am in a band you know??

http://www.thebluemonkeys.co.uk
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

I'm not a musician, so when I say I like something, it's by hearing it, not by playing it.

I've always liked the sound of the guitar. Most the bands I was into up until late in the last millenium were more guitar-based. Recently, upon getting into Eno and re-getting into Floyd, I've come to appreciate keyboards/synthesizers as a vital sound more. But my favorite is still the guitar.

I also have a dislike for pianos, not for the sound, but as the object. They're like coffins. When I visited my grandmother as a kid, I'd have to sleep on a roll-away next to the old upright player piano. Now when I visit my parents, I have to sleep on a roll-away next to my mom's upright piano. (I don't visit them much) So every day on those vacations, I would wake up in a strange bed in a strange house, not with my husband looking down at me (because he sleeps in another bed because they have zero guest accommodations...it's worse than Seinfeld's parents), but this blasted ugly piano with cheesey photographs and awful sheet music from the 1940s that I can only get past because I think that maybe Bryan Ferry would cover some of it. No, I don't like pianos.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

The keyboards, cuz of the sound and its the only instrument I own aside from a plastic school recorder.

I also like the guitar (who doesn't?), and the sound of the sitar, tho I could probably never hope to play that 17-stringed beast.
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Keyboard and guitar.

But cello is the most sexy instrument...
barrythemod
Embryo
Embryo

Whay I Play

Post by barrythemod »

Fender Jazz Bass Special,Hammond Organ ( keyboards but Hammond`s my favorite ),Vibes,a little drums but not very good,and learning Sax.

Be Seeing You

Barry
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Guitar, Piano/Keyboard + Synth
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Geddy Lee fender jazz bass(only for slap bass), Fender precision (for regular playing) and the Jaco Pastorius Fretless Fender Jazz Bass (great sound). So obviously i'm into the bass.
Neil

Post by Neil »

To listen to I love sax, acoustic guitar and piano.. some of my favourite songs have one or all of those 'ingredients'

Just listen to David Sanborn go on the Pros and Cons (Especialy Go Fishing..) :)
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

For me it is a combo thing. My favorite, since it is what I play, would be guitar. But in reality, I love colaboration of sounds. They Might Be Giants provide one of the coolest examples of accordian and guitar in modern rock and roll.
FFloyidanFemme
Axe
Axe

Post by FFloyidanFemme »

Guitar and Keyboard