future albums by Pink Floyd, Roger Waters

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
ireneusz
Embryo
Embryo

future albums by Pink Floyd, Roger Waters

Post by ireneusz »

does anybody has any information about promised album by Roger Waters ?
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Roger Waters will probably do a solo album next year, and Richard Wright may also release a solo album next year. Pink Floyd, with or without Roger Waters, are NOT going to release an album.
Last edited by jambo on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
mnagoda
Axe
Axe

Post by mnagoda »

unfortunate though it may be, jambo's right
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

Roger has 2 solo albums to release, and i think David will not want to wait to long to do another solo album either.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

qjamesfloyd wrote:and i think David will not want to wait to long to do another solo album either.
Hmmm, what makes you 'think' young David will release another solo album before long because i for one feel we might have to wait a time before he starts work on a follow up judging by his remarks about not wanting to work much.
Stween
Axe
Axe

Post by Stween »

moodyblue wrote:
qjamesfloyd wrote:and i think David will not want to wait to long to do another solo album either.
Hmmm, what makes you 'think' young David will release another solo album before long because i for one feel we might have to wait a time before he starts work on a follow up judging by his remarks about not wanting to work much.
He's expressed in a few interviews that the tour's gotten him thinking about new songs. I wouldn't be surprised if we see another Gilmour release within, say, 4 years.
nfloyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by nfloyd »

Roger was going to release his 2 albums this fall, but has time has gone by I think it might be spring of 2007. Its also been known for some years now, that Waters is going on his last World Tour in 2007, with that I mean World Tour, not only Europe and North America, and what I know it has not been changed. So I quess he will release his albums early 2007 then going on the tour to support them.

Rick is going to make a new solo album.

Pink Floyd? hmmm very very hard to say.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

NOTE: This thread is about Roger Waters so I moved it to the Roger Waters forum.
hsed
Axe
Axe

Post by hsed »

I don't know, I think it is very possible that Dave and Rick could end up in the studio together at some point. We know Rick and Nick both want to do more Floyd work, it's all up to Dave at this point really.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Nick recently said that he will try to get the band into the studio again,maybe even with Waters. Impossible, some might say, but hope always dies last. Besides, Nick's contribution is the smallest, so maybe he'll be the man THIS TIME!?
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

I just want to say... Keep 'em comming boys. You're all too young to retire.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

WishIwasthere wrote:I just want to say... Keep 'em comming boys. You're all too young to retire.
we got it, guys :D - someone HAD to say it out loud
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

I hope Dave does not release another Album.On An Island is bloody horrible.If that album was was put forward as a demo for an new band to get a record deal they'd still be unsigned.Same goes for Division Bell which is below mediocre.Roger puts out far more interesting work and nothing put out in the Pink Floyd name since The Final cut has been worth listening to.If Dave really has to release more music then Solo albums would be better than dragging the Pink Floyd name through the shite even more. When you start bringing out more Live albums and Compilations than new Studio work then I have a problem with that too :(
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

Machina wrote:I hope Dave does not release another Album.On An Island is bloody horrible.If that album was was put forward as a demo for an new band to get a record deal they'd still be unsigned.Same goes for Division Bell which is below mediocre.Roger puts out far more interesting work and nothing put out in the Pink Floyd name since The Final cut has been worth listening to.If Dave really has to release more music then Solo albums would be better than dragging the Pink Floyd name through the shite even more. When you start bringing out more Live albums and Compilations than new Studio work then I have a problem with that too :(
I really fail to see the problem with "The Division Bell" as for On an Island I can see why some wouldnt like it.
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

Machina wrote:I hope Dave does not release another Album.On An Island is bloody horrible.If that album was was put forward as a demo for an new band to get a record deal they'd still be unsigned.Same goes for Division Bell which is below mediocre.Roger puts out far more interesting work and nothing put out in the Pink Floyd name since The Final cut has been worth listening to.If Dave really has to release more music then Solo albums would be better than dragging the Pink Floyd name through the shite even more. When you start bringing out more Live albums and Compilations than new Studio work then I have a problem with that too :(
[of topic] Strange as it may sound: I tend to agree with above Floyd flaming. :wink: Sometimes flaming can really releive you. I'm a Floyd fanatic, but I hate 'The Division Bell' too.

Anyway, @Jambo: Will Richard Wright put out a solo album?? Where did you hear/read that? I love 'Wet dream' and 'Broken China'. So I'll be looking forward to Wright's solo efforts.