future albums by Pink Floyd, Roger Waters

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

The Division Bell= Some crap my wife and this other nobody wrote for me which was so bad I could only get it out if I Put PINK FLOYD on the cover.
ESLAFTK2112

Post by ESLAFTK2112 »

Machina wrote:The Division Bell= Some crap my wife and this other nobody wrote for me which was so bad I could only get it out if I Put PINK FLOYD on the cover.
The lyrics were Gilmour/Samson. David Gilmour wrote them and Polly PROOFREAD them and on occasion suggested some lines and he credited her for her contributions. Roger on the other hand wouldn't credit no one but himself.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Machina wrote:The Division Bell= Some crap my wife and this other nobody wrote for me which was so bad I could only get it out if I Put PINK FLOYD on the cover.
Hate to bust your bubble but TDB is more of a Pink Floyd albom than TFC ever will be.It is also a good album.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

flashback wrote:Hate to bust your bubble but TDB is more of a Pink Floyd albom than TFC ever will be.It is also a good album.
No it isn't. They both have 3 members of the band in the lineup.

They are equally "Floydian".
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

PublicImage wrote:
flashback wrote:Hate to bust your bubble but TDB is more of a Pink Floyd albom than TFC ever will be.It is also a good album.

Checkmate. Can't escape that logic. Besides, the Division Bell is really good, although I really dont feel it has a direction (which is fine, as the individual songs are great for the most part) like the Waters albums, although you have to take out songs 6-9 to render the album listenable (personal opinion), and High Hopes really is a well-written song, both musically and lyrically. Will it ever equal TFC or any of the older Floyd material, no. Apples and Oranges, folks.
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

The Division Bell is garbage.It's a pile on mediocre rock tunes with the signature guitar solo's and sound effects so it appeals to Floyd fans .If Roger Waters had written all the songs on the Album and it came out the same I'd still think it was garbage.I can't get passed Poles Apart before I pull it from my CD player in disgust.It's money raking crapness at it's worst.and has nothing to do with Roger not being on the album..I also like Wet Dreams but think Broken China is a utter pile of shit and Ca Ira is so bad it's comical.I don't blindly fall in love with everything that has the Pink Floyd name associated with it..I always skip through Any Colour You Like when I listen to DSOTM because that's shit too.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I dont fall in love with everything with the P-F name on it either.Case in point is TFC and AMLOR,each has thier moments but I dont care for them as a whole.TDB on the other hand except for 1 song appeals to me.I acn also say that The Wall is not P-F greatest either,it has way to many of what I call filler songs.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Anybody here like to gamble? I wager that Roger dies before he gets around to putting out another album.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

That's bad luck, Nosaj.

Knocks on wood.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Uh, well, what I mean is, I've been waiting for a new pop/rock solo album for 15 years now. I don't want him to die.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

PublicImage wrote:

Actually, TDB edges out TFC by about an inch or two. Two Suns In The Sunset has someone else playing the drums, and there are several songs on TFC that lack Gilmour as well. TDB, on the other hand, is a consistent with Dave, Rick, and Nick on every track (except Cluster One, with no drums.)

The two least Floydian albums are AMLOR and Ummagumma's studio disc. AMLOR features only Dave and Nick (and on Dogs Of War and Sorrow, Nick is absent; no drums on A New Machine or Signs Of Life either). Granted, that doesn't hurt it in my book; live versions of the album played over the tour kicked ass, although the studio version was boring.
Ummagumma is not a Floyd album for the same reason making a compilation of tracks from The Body, David Gilmour, Wet Dream, and Profiles would not be a Floyd compilation. It's less of a Floyd album than AMLOR (or On An Island and Profiles, for that matter) and it's not as good either.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Machina wrote:I always skip through Any Colour You Like when I listen to DSOTM because that's shit too.
Now thats just douche...
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

Tenniru wrote:TDB, on the other hand, is a consistent with Dave, Rick, and Nick on every track (except Cluster One, with no drums.)
Cluster One has drums/percussion towards the end... played by Nicky, I would imagine.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

I can't see the point of another Pink Floyd album. In fact, I can't see the point of A Momentary Lapse Of Reason and The Division Bell as Pink Floyd albums. They could have stood just nice in the David Gilmour discography; then you could say they're two good Gilmour albums instead of saying they're two lame Floyd albums. To me, Amused To Death is more of a Pink Floyd album than The Division Bell, but if it had been released under the name of Pink Floyd I would have probably called it a lame Floyd album too.