Has David bitten off more than he can chew??

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

Id just like to say that in future you will be hearing far less of me,this is due a severe internet restriction out of my control,i,ll drop in now and then
to see whats happening,take care and keep talking :)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Spinoza wrote: People like Gilmours guitar; the intro guitar of Shine on; the 4 note Phrase ( have you listened to that awfull "In The Flesh"-album rendition of these 4 notes ). Plainly simple: Gilmours Floyd could play the songs far way better than Rogers Kaos-band !
I don't disupute this. Gilmour and Company SOUND more like Pink Floyd because there are three people who were on the albums. If Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were to re-unite with...say...Doyle Brahmhall II on guitar, they would sound more like Cream than if Eric Clapton got together with Flea on bass and Matt Cameron on drums.

It's common sense.

But, to me, it's more than the "SOUND" that makes Pink Floyd Pink Floyd.

Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut don't SOUND the same as DSOTM and WYWH...yet they are Pink Floyd albums and are made by the same four people. There are people who don't like Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut BECAUSE they don't have "THAT SOUND."

Yet they are Pink Floyd albums...no one contests that.

Spinoza, at different times wrote:
"HIS" music ?? Again, only a maximum of 3 numbers was a Roger solocredit !!

AND[color]

Again, if the music would have been shitty, they wouldn't have come; they( public and concertorganisers) got 3 years to get informed about the quality.

First of all, when I said "HIS" music, I wasn't referring to Roger.

I was referring to the idea that a disturbingly large number of people who saw AMLOR and TDB tours were unaware that there is no one in the band named Pink Floyd.

The fact that people had three years to get informed doesn't mean that people did get informed. A lot of people stop seeking information once they get out of school. Too many people figure that they don't HAVE to learn anything since they're not in school anymore...so they don't.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

Only at the supper table :lol: :lol: (Joke, Joke) :roll:
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut don't SOUND the same as DSOTM and WYWH...yet they are Pink Floyd albums and are made by the same four people. There are people who don't like Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut BECAUSE they don't have "THAT SOUND."
I'd say animals does have "that" sound because unlike the wall and TFC it was still Waters and Gilmour working togther for pretty much the entire album.

I dont think it's up for dispute that if Waters had stayed and actually worked with Gilmour then the post TFC work would have been better than what Gilmour's floyd have produced. That doesnt mean that Gilmour was wrong to carry on though, if you want to blame someone blame Waters for leaving.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

Bad Waters BAD,BAD I say.
Neil

Post by Neil »

MoreOrLess wrote:Your view I spose but just as many if not more would claim Gilmour's work with the floyd post Roger has been better than anything Waters has done since the Wall.
I think it's a 50/50 thing. Some prefer PWPF's stuff and some prefer Rogers stuff.

Personally I'd take The Final Cut, Pros and Cons and Amused to Death over Daves 2 Floyd albums every time..
sirnickelby
Embryo
Embryo

If Barrett would die

Post by sirnickelby »

I think Dave and Gilmour would get together and make a new album if Barrett would die.

What do you think?
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Re: If Barrett would die

Post by quicksilver »

sirnickelby wrote:I think Dave and Gilmour would get together and make a new album if Barrett would die.

What do you think?
:? :? :?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

sirnickelby wrote:I think Dave and Gilmour would get together and make a new album if Barrett would die.

What do you think?
I am trying to work out which is the funniest part of that post, the fact that David and Gilmour are one of the same or that he would get back with himself if Syd died!! :lol:

I don't think Roger would rejoin the band if syd or any of the others dies. I wonder would Roger Waters go to Gilmours funeral or would he abstain?
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

What do you think?
Dave and Gilmour would call the album "Me and more of me."

I guess there's plenty of him to go around...
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

If only that darn Syd would just die!!!!

I once had a dream that I shot Jimi Hendrix in the head and was burying him in my grandparent's back yard...but he wouldn't stay dead. He just kept coming back.

I know it sounds gruesome, but it actually felt pretty comic at the time.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

mosespa wrote:If only that darn Syd would just die!!!!
One day they all will be dead. Then we shalt count our disfortune :( Only till we are dead.

Man do I sound pshycopathiclyinsane! (Just nod if you can HEAR me)
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

When exactly did Dave and Gilmour separate? I mean, are the other members aware of this!

He could conceivably play Europe and the States at the same time. This is great!
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

Dave left Gimour in 1997 saying he was a spent force creatively and was hench known as DaveGilmour1997 ltd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

MoreOrLess wrote:Dave left Gimour in 1997 saying he was a spent force creatively and was hench known as DaveGilmour1997 ltd.
That's a good one. :lol: