What do you do?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

What do you do?

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

I have not yet opened a topic on this board, so I thought I'd start here.

What do you do with your time? More to the point, are you a student, a worker bee, or some other description of the main thing you do.

I'm a support engineer for a product that makes sure systems and networks are healthy. Mainy I'm involved only if the problem can't be fixed by the first two levels of engineers. Some days are slow, and some days are very busy. All the customers I support are big money customers, so usually they get what they want, even if they are wrong.

On the side I raise my kids, ride my bike, play my guitar, watch some TV, drive my little rally car like a nut, and play simulation games on my computer.

So, how about you?
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

I'm studying, I hope that the right word is social work. I'm going to work with alcoholics, mentally ill and/or retarded people. Now I'm writing on this forum and I have summer job where I pick stones from grass and also mow the grass.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am currently a self employed web designer. http://www.sonarmedia.co.uk is the business. Things are a little slow at present but I am working on a few projects that are helping pay my bills!!

I may have to get a job to support me though whilst developing my business. The bills won't go away. I just finished uni so I can actually do something about my business.

What about the rest of you then???? :-)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

JML wrote:I have summer job where I pick stones from grass and also mow the grass.
You ACTUALLY made me choke on my coffee!!! :lol: hahahahahaha
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Keith Jordan wrote:
JML wrote:I have summer job where I pick stones from grass and also mow the grass.
You ACTUALLY made me choke on my coffee!!! :lol: hahahahahaha
Thanks! I would be proud of it if it would be really a joke but it's not. At least this week I haven't picked any stones (we had to move many many many many furnitures from downstairs to upstairs and those sofa/bed's are so Heavyyyyy!)

Thank God tomorrow is last work day this week.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

I'm a self-employed freelance artist/web graphic creator http://ann-s-thesia.com and dingbat font maker http://dingbatcave.com as well as painter and digital artist http://eyebalm.com . Business is up and down...now it's down, but it usually improves in the colder months. I'm also big on indoor gardening (our house is jungle-esque), have two cats (Caligula and Persephone) and two dogs, Pug (Lucifer Sam) and Boston Terrier (Plato) and several other small species gathered together in our household and grooving. I'm into movies, music (Pink Floyd, obviously), and oddly enough, defunct TV shows Seinfeld and Twin Peaks. Pink Floyd, Seinfeld and Twin Peaks are like this unholy trinity in my household...everything my husband and I talk about eventually turns into a reference to one of the three.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Im studying communications at the university, but i also work when i can, as always it?s related to what i like, anything that involves creativity: advertising, screenplays, etc
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Right now I started my own business in video production. We are called Digital Diamond's. Will have a website up soon. Our main business is the National Softball Hall of Fame here in Oklahoma City. We have major tournaments every weekend. Basically we just film the game on two digital camcorders then I edit them onto dvds. We charge 19.95 plus tax. Last weekend we made around 1500 dollars. I'm actually capturing the video into the computer as we speak. I used to be a disc jockey. I was on the air here in OKC and in Dallas. I might go back into it if the moment is right. Its nice to work for yourself! :)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Well...let's see...Four nights a week, I DJ at a dance club where I play a lot of rap and R&B music...except on Wed. nights when the crowd is sssssssssslllllllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww and I get to play whatever I want to hear...and on Thursdays when we do karaoke.

I play in a band with no name as yet where I have solved our revolving door bass player problem by stepping down from lead guitar to play bass.

I'm working on re-recording and remixing my entire back catalogue of original music which will then find it's way to the "Local Artists" section of the used CD store.

I'm also beginning work on a long time dream...I am going to record The Wall...I'm currently working on editing the guide tracks and laying the bass lines.

I'm hoping to finally begin working on a novel that I've been plotting for several years now...I think the shape of it's plot just revealed itself to me very recently.

And I'm collecting Pink Floyd VOIO material from Kazaa and anyplace else I can find it...with the intention of making a VOIO-documentary on the history of the band...if finished in time, I will happily send it to Meddler for inclusion on the DVD's...if not, I will simply weed it out to anyone interested.

But that's a little further down the road.

Somewhere in there, I eat, sleep, spend time with my kids, watch movies with my wife and engage in a bit of ummagumma here and there.
Neil

Post by Neil »

I work with old fashioned mainframe computers.. ICL, IBM, Bull and the like..
We still have old fashioned ree-to-reel tape drives at our place :cry: :)
This probably explains why I don't consider myself 'PC literate' !!

One of the machines I work with has a hole near the bottom where I can shovel coal in .. :shock:

It's a dying trade though - so I'll probably have to get myself into managment or something one day..
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Neil wrote:One of the machines I work with has a hole near the bottom where I can shovel coal in .. :shock:
:lol:
I used to work on a keypunch machine in the '80s at a major state university. Now *that* was an ancient behemoth.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I used to be a mechanic - but now I teach 14 - 40 year olds vehicle technology.

In my spare time I torture my three kids with my music, look through Neptune, trade music and generaly bore people to death with pink floyd trivia etc.
FFloyidanFemme
Axe
Axe

Post by FFloyidanFemme »

I work as an RN in a hospital. Work in a critical care area,,,ICU, CCU.
The best part of this is knowing that a patient went home... :D
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

I'm a dispatcher at my campus's Public Safety Dept. I mostly answer phones (911 and such) and shoot the breeze with the officers. This summer I've spent most of my time either at work, at the gym, or at home sleeping. Beyond that, I don't do a whole lot.
Big Kelv
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Big Kelv »

I'm an aircraft engineer, spend mostof my time reading tech manuals and occasionally repair the big dirty machines :cry:

Pays well though :D