What do you do?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I began turning wrenches at 15; Got into the auto parts industry around 20; Was parts dept. mgr. for a private repair facility for several years, during which time I worked on 2 pit crews in my off-time, and eventually launched my own racing team... (Built and ran vintage Mustangs;) Now I don't seem to do a damn thing- I stay home and take care of my 4 little girls, ages 1, 3, 4, and 6. I love them dearly, but I don't know where they hide my time....(...one day you find ten years have got behind you-) That's SOOOO true!
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I have studied mathematics the past two years. I am going to take the upcoming school year off. I do not know what I want to do with my life, but I am absolutely certain I do not want to be a math teacher. I think I would enjoy being a lawyer who fights for the little guy.

At the moment, I have a clerical job. The drive to and from work is rather long (I take the Interstate in the morning, and a scenic highway after work). On the way to work, I listen to Imus In The Morning. During the drive home, I think and/or listen to music (I couldn't get "Please, Please Me" out of my head today, for some odd reason).

Whenever I am not at work or driving, I am either reading, writing, chatting, watching a movie, playing a video game, eating, using the washroom, sleeping, or actually doing something relatively "social." Oh yeah, I listen to music quite a bit...I happen to love this band called Pink Floyd. Ever hear of them? :lol:

I would like to be more creative. I hope I will someday write a script (I have about half a dozen plots in my head) and learn how to play the piano and guitar. And I will eventually figure out what I want to do with my life...I hope.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote: I would like to be more creative. I hope I will someday write a script (I have about half a dozen plots in my head) and learn how to play the piano and guitar. And I will eventually figure out what I want to do with my life...I hope.
Write those ideas down now so if you get sidetracked you'll remember them.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

man uhhh.......lots of stuff
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

i am 16, will be 17 in about two months. right now its summer and im gonna be a junior in high school. i am currently employed as a vacuumer at a car wash for $6.50 an hour. its hell, but i have fun and i actually enjoy my job. in my spare time i guess i just hang out with friends and stuff. im the type of kid that could make realllly good grades if i wanted to, but i would be sacrificing everything fun in my life, so i dont do that. i have fun and make decent grades, and im cool with that
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I'm on school, but now I have vacation. On Friday and Saturdays I work as a postman.
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Gonzo wrote:I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me.
:D :) :lol: I think this is just like in my work. I get paid about 3?/h so I may buy almost a chocolate bar with my salary.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

mosespa wrote:Well...let's see...Four nights a week, I DJ at a dance club where I play a lot of rap and R&B music...except on Wed. nights when the crowd is sssssssssslllllllllllllllooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww and I get to play whatever I want to hear...and on Thursdays when we do karaoke.
This club a typical acid/ e house or is it quite sober? And also what's your DJ name?

You have a cool job.

I'm at school still, wanting to go to film school at the end and write some good scripts if i can. I work part time at a cinema (weekends only) so i get plenty influence in this, seeing atleast one crap film every 2 weeks i can become more self assured in my desired line of work.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David, how many screens has the cinema got where you work?
oguerreroberger
Embryo
Embryo

Post by oguerreroberger »

i`m a doctor. im doing my residence in ophtamology.

Oscar 8)
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Keith Jordan wrote:David, how many screens has the cinema got where you work?
12, we're a highly mainstream cinema so basically we don't show good films like Igby Goes Down and instead show crap films like Dumb And Dumberer. Everything is over priced and it's a branch of Ster Century.
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

David Smith wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:David, how many screens has the cinema got where you work?
12, we're a highly mainstream cinema so basically we don't show good films like Igby Goes Down and instead show crap films like Dumb And Dumberer. Everything is over priced and it's a branch of Ster Century.
Is there somewhere a cinema which shows only only neo-realistic and very ART-movies? I was so disappointed when Salo - 120 Days of Sodom were shown in Finland only in one theatre, in our capital city. This world needs a good cinema with ony classics (Like ******** ********:lol: )

EDITED BY ADMIN - No sexual references please no matter how "funny" the film!! :-)
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Edinburgh has 2 cinemas dedicated to art films and the film festival is going to be done partly in Ster this year. This is around the fringe time where i advise everyone to come to edinburgh and experience the unique atmosphere.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

I will be entering college in the coming fall, probably will major in the humanities, anything without math involved. For now I unfortunately work at a fast food joint, saving up to buy me a laptop. Never was a huge fan of fast food, this experience doesn't change that any. Think maybe bartending would be an interesting college part-time job.