Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

Dark Side Of The Moon
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

I was 10 and there was an ad for pulse on tv and i had been listning to my dads DSOTM tape for ages so i thought id get pulse, i then got TDB shortly after.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

PIPER ON VINYL think its buried around here some where, got cracked in the mid eighties.@#$%^@##
enigma00
Axe
Axe

Post by enigma00 »

Well I'd heard a few Floyd songs on the radio before, and liked them alot, but never really got into them. (I'm only 16)

Then my dad let me listen to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" that he had on tape (dubbed off of a long lost vinyl copy)....then next day I went out and bought WYWH and Dark Side on CD. After that, Meddle. And the rest is history.
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

"Dark Side Of The Moon", and then RW's - "Amused to Death", and then all the other PF albums.
Arnold Playne
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Arnold Playne »

Darkside bought in a record shop in Ealing for a fiver, followed by Momentary Lapse of Reason, Wish you were here, Delicate sound of thunder, The piper, Animals etc etc etc
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Dark side was the first i heard, echoes the first i owned
kaya
Axe
Axe

Post by kaya »

my first PF album was DARK SIDE... .
then i got WISH YOU WERE HERE,
THE WALL,
WOULDN'T YOU MISS ME (does this count?),
RELICS,
ANIMALS,
DIVISION BELL,
PIPER...
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

WYWH was my first album although for some reason I never got into it much. What really got me into the floyd was listening to my dads old vinyl copy of the Ummagumma live disk.
Fireland
Axe
Axe

Post by Fireland »

My father taught me how to play on guitar Wish You Were Here (the song) when I was 7, I think. And I play it day after day for seven years! (Well, in fact, I still play it haha). Then, last year, I listened to the whole album and I was amazed! And that's all, folks.
pinkie
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pinkie »

the 1st time I heard Floyd, it was the Animals album I dug from my dad's bunch of pirated cheap cassettes (we had plenty of those in Asia in the 70s/80s) The sound was so bad I couldnt hear what they were singing, but I was hooked by the moody guitar jams, especially Dogs and Sheep, and I never turned back since, I think I was an ol boy of 17 then I think
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

My first PF album was dark side of the moon I got it for Christmas in 1973 next was Atom then Meddle then saucerful then the rest!!
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

My first one was Piper CD. Bought it from Levykauppa ?x in Oulu and when I first time put it into my CD-player, I was confused, what was that thing coming out of my speakers... well it was Pink Floyd and then I heard Delicate Sound Of Thunder and I thought that these two records are from two different bands with a similar name... those were the days.
Be Live Now
Axe
Axe

Post by Be Live Now »

Ordered Wish You Were Here from http://www.cdon.com last fall.
spitfire
Blade
Blade

Post by spitfire »

The 1st Pink Floyd Album I heard was Darkside Of The Moon.
The 1st I bought was The Wall (on cassette which I still have and play, I must buy the CD some day. - But at nearly ?30 I can't bring myself to, that's 2 or 3 other albums's worth!!!! :shock: )