Ca Ira

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
maczi
Embryo
Embryo

Ca Ira

Post by maczi »

World premiere of "Ca Ira" opera by Roger Waters just ended in Poznań, Poland... This great open-air event took place on Poznam's International Fairground... Polish TV 1 showed it as a whole and believe me - it is great !!! So when this show will come to your city - just go !! Don't think too much - just go and watch it, listen that and feel that !!! I recommend !! :D :D :D

Thank you very much, Roger !!! You are great !!!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Ca Ira

Post by PublicImage »

maczi wrote:Thank you very much, Roger !!! You are great !!!
I love reading sentences like that!
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

maczi wrote:Polish TV 1 showed it as a whole!
sure hope someone recorded the broadcast
sign me up for the Vine!
maczi
Embryo
Embryo

Post by maczi »

J Ed wrote:
maczi wrote:Polish TV 1 showed it as a whole!
sure hope someone recorded the broadcast
sign me up for the Vine!
I did it but on VHS video casette...
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

well if you ever get a chance to transfer from tape to DVD
I for one would be interested in a copy!
theres shops that do VCR/DVD conversions in Toronto, maybe they dont have them in Poland
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by J Ed »

torrent of DVD here

now if anybody can (1) download the torrent and (2) burn the DVD
would you be interested in doing a B'n'P with ol J Ed?
(Im in Canada)
or you may have your pick from my collection
Im really wanting to see this, all the photos Ive seen from the event look spectacular
Embryo
Embryo

Post by maczi »

...I found a company transfering a record from VHS cassette to DVD and they'll do it... When it'll be ready, I'll let you know... so wait and be patient a little... :D
leszek158
Embryo
Embryo

Post by leszek158 »

Roger Waters CA IRA 25.VIII.2006 from Poland.

Foto:

http://www.koncert.net.pl/index.php?id=12&kgal=1

Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by J Ed »

someone (MoonWall actually) sent me a copy of this a while back and Ive been meaning to post a review but keep forgetting
I highly recommend the DVD of the Polish premiere
especially, if like me, you have problems getting through the album

its a huge visual production, something like Cirque du Soleil, with many dozens of soloists, dancers and acrobats on stage, in full costume, acting out the revolution
the stage is this vast circular space, with spiraling ramps to either side, used to good effect in the choreography, and the cameras are moving round in circles right alongside the performers, often to dizzying effect
I guess this has to do with the circus framework Roger was talking about

theres horses, a cage full of slaves suspended by a crane, and a pink convertible full of moviestar bimbo types, all on stage at one point or another
and theres films projected above the stage, many very gruesome images from the last centuries wars, revolutions and genocides

in fact all the imagery is quite nasty, we watch children being shot down by police and nuns being raped
one problem I had with the album is how it all sounds so polite, the genre of opera is a music for aristocrats, so it doesnt seem to convey any empathy with the revolutionaries at all, but rather with Marie Antoinette
the fulldress production is not at all polite, it is a series of violent outrages and transgressions, more like the film of The Wall, that left me a bit depressed but may make some viewers think a bit more about the kind of world theyre living in and what their role in it is

only problem it ends halfway through, hopefully Roger will be releasing an official DVD of the full thing
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

I'm looking forward to the chance to see the thing.Seems its been hi-jacked a bit by his Polish Director chum.Rog spoke at the Magny Cours press conference last year of a UK premiere at the Wales Millenium Centre in Cardiff with Bryn Terfel reprising his roles but I've seen nothing futher on this since.He said in one of his NZ interviews that he was pleased it had a life so hopefully we'll get the chance to see it in some form or another before the next French Revolution! In the meantime,keep trying with the recorded version-there's some fantastic Rog-melodies in there.