Watching the making of the wall

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Watching the making of the wall

Post by Alternative 4 »

While watching this I noticed there was footage of floyd live from the wall tour, They said they were even gonna put it in the film at one stage.

Does this mean there is a whole live show of the wall in a vault somewhere waiting to be put on dvd?
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I head Roger has it in some form or another. They were waiting to get it and re-master it. Not sure where I read that, or heard it. I think it was in a Gilmour interview somewhere...
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

There are at least two complete shows...I have them on VHS.
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Welcome to the site Alternative 4 8)
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Spirit Catcher wrote:Welcome to the site Alternative 4 8)
Thanks

Does that mean that they are going to be released? Cuz i remember hearing talk of it around the time of the wall live cd's being released
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Roger owns all of the rights to it and I believe he has said that he won't release them because the quality isn't up to par.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I've seen a making-of once, don't think that's the one you mean, Alternative 4. (Welcome at the forum). That one is certainly not worth to be released.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

I think Roger should just say, "to hell with it!" and release the wall live on dvd, I dont know why hes worried about quality after all the horrible quality shows ive seen even a half decent show would be a welcome surprise! And money is no issue, im sure every single pink floyd fan would buy a copy if it came out. So whats stopping him?
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

MikeWaters wrote:So whats stopping him?
I don't know, but I can take a stab at it...

Because The Wall is such an epic, and probably the most famous piece of work he has put his name to (other than DSOTM), he probably doesn't want to be known as putting out an inferior example of filming. There's a part in the Earl's Court video that I have (toward the end during "Stop") where it's rather awful...you can't see anything on stage...it's so far away, and you can't see anything projected on the wall either. He is probably disturbed by the quality, and there probably wasn't enough footage shot where they could piece together something.

He's probably thinking past the current fans who would snatch it up, past his own lifetime, maybe? Maybe he doesn't want to be thought of as putting out an inferiorly-shot piece of work just to satisfy the fans at the time.

After all, it isn't about the money...if it were just that, he'd probably have released it already.

I don't know...just a thought.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

On my copy of the wall 08-09-1980

Stop, is quite clear. It focuses in on the character of Pink whom is sitting on top of the wall. quite nice. But i wish he would release it anyways.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I've never seen it, but I'd love too!

I thought they had it professionally shot, so why would the quality be bad?

Plus, with all of the technology available today you'd think that someone could clean it up if need be.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

ROIOS are just low generation copys of the original copy, so once its copied too many times the quality starts to go. so someboady out there has a 2nd generation copy that is as good as the master.
Plus, with all of the technology available today you'd think that someone could clean it up if need be.
Thats what im thinking, but who knows what problems there might be.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

quicksilver wrote:Roger owns all of the rights to it and I believe he has said that he won't release them because the quality isn't up to par.
Roger and his manager should call up the folks who created the new Led Zeppelin DVD...
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

What do you guys think of the Beatles Anthology DVD set?
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

It anoys me really, live 1990 was really dissapointing, all these other people playing the wall, it was like a tribute, i want the real thing.

How hard would it be to get a bootleg of the tapes?