Pink Floyd, remember him?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Pink Floyd, remember him?

Post by simpledumbpilot »

In another topic Mosespa made a comment about Floyd being referred to as ''Him'' which reminded me of an incident that happened recently...

A few months ago I took part in a pub quiz and they had a picture round and to my surprise there was a picture of Gilmour, but when the guy read out the answers later he said ''Pink Floyd'', naturally i contested this and the guy changed the answer but the guy on the table next to me was disagreeing stating that he had ''his Wish You Were Here CD'' and also one that he referred to as ''having lots of beds on it''. Anyone else come across anything similar?
enigma00
Axe
Axe

Post by enigma00 »

Yeah. I was on the bus the other day talking to a mate of mine, and I was talking about the Floyd, and then this guy behind me that I didn't know said, "Yeah man, HE rocks!" And I just looked at him, and said "Yeah..." and then just ignored him. I really didn't feel like explaining.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

once i used lyrics from Dark Side of The Moon for a poetry recital thing in my AP English class and announced the author as Roger Waters whom no one recognized. When I told them what the album was there was confusion among some who thought Pink Floyd was an actual person.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

"Pink Floyd is a f*ggot!"

Someone once said that to me.

"Pink Floyd? The Wall, right? Yeah, he's cool."

After asking another person whether they listened to Floyd.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Piper wrote:once i used lyrics from Dark Side of The Moon for a poetry recital thing in my AP English class...
Cool! what lyrics did you use?
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

In my AP English class during high school I used WYWH as a poem we had to read. Everyone knew the song, didn't really know about Floyd... they all thought I was crazy, except my gf at the time. she was in the class and loved it. as it was one of our songs-
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Yeah yeah I've heard people say that A LOT, even my old roommate, who claimed to be a major PF fan. People say "he" about Led Zeppelin, too........drives me nuts!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Some people just don't get it. They make me sick. One of my best friends who I am in a band with likes punk rock, ses pistols, small sticky fingers (i think) and stuff like that. It is a shame not everybody can be in the club and discover great things about themselves through the music of pink floyd!! If anybody is Pink it is us listeners! :D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I once tried to use the lyrics of Roger Waters as poetry in an English class...but the instructor told me that I couldn't since she didn't recognize his name.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

"Pink Floyd, oh yeah, he was one of those 70s dudes...didn't he go out with that chick...what was her name...Roxy Music?"

No, I haven't heard it...just my imagination talking.
Keith Jordan wrote:small sticky fingers (i think)
Stiff Little Fingers :lol:

I guess all the ignorants who refer to Pink Floyd as one person really surprise me. Never, ever, even before I knew much about PF did I EVER for one minute think it was one person. Maybe I was just ahead of the curve.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:small sticky fingers (i think)
Stiff Little Fingers :lol:
Just a bit off there!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
Piper wrote:once i used lyrics from Dark Side of The Moon for a poetry recital thing in my AP English class...
Cool! what lyrics did you use?
I used the lyrics from Time - not only cuz they were good lyrics but since it was one of PF's better known songs I figured someone would pick up that it was a PF song. I actually had a pretty cool English instructor who liked PF, she actually recognized the name Roger Waters.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

"I saw Pink Floyd and he's an ugly bastard" someone once said to me
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

I don't know many people who know Pink Floyd but some of my friends say it's Pink Fluid which drives me crazy. Why do they have to show me their stupidity in something like this?!

But yeah, it's obvious when people don't know what they're talking about. In some record stores there is those salesmans who think they know something about (for example) Pink Floyd but actually they don't have a clue about the band, maybe they have sometimes heard ABITW pt.II or Money but that's all.