Is Pink Floyd better with or without Roger?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Sydjones
Axe
Axe

Is Pink Floyd better with or without Roger?

Post by Sydjones »

I think Pink Floyd is both better, and not better. The music has picked up, but the lyrical magic is...not really magic as it used to be...sure it has strong viewpoints, and power behind it, but Roger's lyrics had something special. I think they should take Roger back and make one last album.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

better with Roger.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is Pink Floyd better with or without Roger?

Post by Keith Jordan »

Sydjones wrote:I think Pink Floyd is both better, and not better. The music has picked up, but the lyrical magic is...not really magic as it used to be...sure it has strong viewpoints, and power behind it, but Roger's lyrics had something special. I think they should take Roger back and make one last album.
When you sy the music has picked up, is that relative to the final cut or all the work preceeding it? The music has taken an electronic dive. Atmospherics created on the same machines used to create dance music if you ask me!!

I live listening to the division bell and parts of momentary lapse, but they are just nice to listen to. I am not realyl getting much from them, to think about.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Is Pink Floyd better with or without Roger?

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Keith Jordan wrote: I live listening to the division bell and parts of momentary lapse, but they are just nice to listen to. I am not realyl getting much from them, to think about.
Completely agreed! When i listen to TDB or AMLOR it just feels like ive been listening to a bunch of songs (good ones mind you). The albums dont hold together as pieces. When i listen to almost anything from the Waters period those albums seem to be something to be taken in, something you get wrapped up in and have to see thru to their conclusion. PWPF is good but there is clearly something missing and its pretty obvious what that is.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Better with.
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

mosespa wrote:Better with.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Gonzo wrote:
mosespa wrote:Better with.
Gonzo, i noticed you quoted mosp but didn't actually say anything. Did you forget? :?
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Keith Jordan wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
Gonzo, i noticed you quoted mosp but didn't actually say anything. Did you forget? :?
No...I am just agreeing. Sorry.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Pink Floyd reached their peak with Roger, but they also reached their low point, imo. The PWPF is better than that low point, but not as good as that peak. My thoughts.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

Lyrically and conceptually, much better with Waters.

Musically, I'm not sure. The Division Bell sounds better to me than the Final Cut, or some parts of the Wall.
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

I luv Pink Floyd any way they dish it out :D :D 8)
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

Being the big Waters fan that I am... I think Roger is Pink Floyd, and I know Syd was too, but he left, sadly....And then, it was amazing with Roger because he took Syd's idea over. Then, well, he left, and now, it just plain is not the same...I can listen to some of the Division Bell, but I hardly listen to it ,ever! And, smae with Momentary Lapse Of Reason, I like Learning TO Fly, but that's it.
Anyway, I don't think Pink Floyd is Pink Floyd with out ROGER!
Sorry, that'smy opinion!
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Yet Another Movie wrote:Pink Floyd reached their peak with Roger, but they also reached their low point, imo. The PWPF is better than that low point, but not as good as that peak. My thoughts.
I agree with ya there YAM! :) But rather WITH WITH with, WITHOUT OUT out... Roger, Pink Floyd is all good!
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Well, I have a big confession to make.

I do not have any H2O-free Floyd except for some videos (that I got for the *older* Floyd that was on them).

Hope that answers the question. :?
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

I dont mind either one of them! I dont understand why people say the lyrics on TDB are bad! I think that it was a great attempt to write amazing lyrics. And what about lost for words? What great lyrics! ARGGGHHHH

AM I GOING INSANE??