High-quality video of Syd "stalker" footage?

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Salmonberry Compendia
Blade
Blade

Post by Salmonberry Compendia »

zag wrote:He looks at the camera twice to make sure.
Bear in mind that we've only seen the video in extreme slow motion. At the proper speed it probably doesn't look so much like he's staring at the camera.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

moodyblue wrote:
Tenniru wrote: Syd would likely find it hilarious as well.
Hmmmm, i think you are either saying that in hope or out of misguided wisdom.
I feel sure more than anything that the whole episode if he was aware of it would have been confusing like i have said. His family have also stated that he never understood why people were so interested in him and bearing in mind his past, i think you can work out that it wouldn't have been something that he'd find amusing.
I guess you're right. If I was in his position and not confused, I'd chuckle (after I got a restraining order), but that's likely not what he'd do.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Yeah, I bet if David Gilmour went to the store he'd look worse :) He used to be pretty hot too, and now he's overweight without the long hair he used to have, so I think people would be equally as shocked at him if they hadn't seen him in 30 years.
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

Syd State of Mind is extremly Exagerated.I hardly think someone who is totally off his rocker would go to the store,Post Office,Local Cinema and Bars if he was not aware of who he was and where he was , also his family would not have let him go out if they thought he was in any kind of danger.He also travelled to london to sign papers for his royalty checks and and went to other peoples houses for dinners and had long conversations with Neighbours.Hardly the actions of a lunatic.Most of the rumours had to be publicity because it made a good story and kept people away through sympathy.He could still play Guitar and was asked often to record but he turned it down saying he was not interested,It's not because he couldn't it was because he didn't want to.Roy Harper is way more fucked up than I think Syd ever was.Try talking to Van Morrison ,I did ,He's fucking out there too.There are people driving down the freeway and walking through town that are in another world.You also have to ask yourself who's more weird the people being stalked or the Stalker.
goode tycoon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by goode tycoon »

Machina said exactly what I have thought all along. Syd may have had problems with addiction to mandrax and the whole Floyd deal brought on a nevous breakdown that took a long time for him to recover. By going home to Cambridge and living a normal life was the cure for him, also by choosing to live by himself without any personal demands on him.

Also... David Gilmour seems to dress like he is going to the store for his gigs! How many washed out plain black shirts & jeans does that guy stock in his wardrobe? :wink:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Never seen the footage yet... Must admit though i am intrigued by it although i probably shouldn't be.

Who's seen it so far? What actually happens in it? Does Syd just go round to the cornershop or something?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Its just Barrett going to a shop and then coming out of the shop. Very uneventful.

I would post it on here but it tends to make one group shout at me. Perhaps that group respects others privacy!! :? :D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Keith Jordan wrote:I would post it on here but it tends to make one group shout at me.
DON'T POST IT!!!!
Last edited by jambo on Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Keith Jordan wrote:I would post it on here but it tends to make one group shout at me. Perhaps that group respects others privacy!! :? :D
Then they should respect other people's privacy to watch it :lol:

Might go on Youtube and give it a look to see what the fuss is about

Ok just been on it and i gotta say the way it was edited and the music made it look like something from Brasseye. I can see why people take issue with it, but at the same time i think it is worth seeing IF you want to see just how much the man had changed. Didn't seem as monsterous as i would have thought, but certainly not pleasant viewing for anyone.

Still, strikes me as weird that all the people who campaign against the video being shown on this site have themselves been curious enough to download it
vera
Knife
Knife

Post by vera »

goode tycoon wrote: Also... David Gilmour seems to dress like he is going to the store for his gigs! How many washed out plain black shirts & jeans does that guy stock in his wardrobe? :wink:

I was thinking about it too. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
oldperfume
Blade
Blade

Re: High-quality video of Syd "stalker" footage?

Post by oldperfume »

Does anyone know who a certain Dion Johnson is?? He's the guy that started the "Astral Piper" website about Syd. Supposedly, he's also the guy that did the stalker video & it may be one of the reasons his site is no more. Also (allegedly)
if you didn't follow his martial law on his site, he'd throw you off in a heart beat. I also heard there were some kind of charges filed against him, about what I don't know. He DEFINITELY P.O'd some people because he's now persona non grata
with alot of us Syd fans. Has anyone else heard anything about him? Oh ya, take that #$%^@!stalker video & BURN IT!!
Acomplete invasion of privacy & if Dion did make that video he goes against EVERYTHING he once stood for. IDIOT!!