Neptune Glasgow Marathon: Jumpin Jakks

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

Remarkable!!

What a truly fantastic weekend, what a laugh!

I've just spent the last half hour cracking up over the on-going saga of this guy Steve G, what a guy.

Great stuff!
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

Hey All, David here, I thought the Glasgow gig was excellent, it was great playing Nobody Home with you Jer, I thought Two Lost Souls were really good and the two headlining tribute bands were excellent.
At times i was really stressed out as was stu, It really was a lot of hard work and i hope it hasn't put you off coming back to Glasgow Stu, but i think it was worth it in the end. I'd may be up for doing it all again next year as i have had people stop me in the street and ask when the next one will be!
Big thanks to all involved, it turned out bigger and better than i imagined!
It was a shame that in 8 hours and 9 acts, no one played another brick in the wall! the singalong to it at the end of the night was great though.
Did anyone notice half way through Dark Side of the Moon, The Wizard of OZ was playing on the screens around the club? Did anyone get the reference? heehee

Thanks again to everyone

David
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Thanks for the great Sunday everyone! We had a blast, and it was nice to put a few faces to names!

I would like to appologise on behalf of the Killer Pylons for bringing a bad vibe about the Bass amp (basically we cannot be sure we destroyed it...!)
Hope that ampo gets fixed soon.

Also, thanks for Surrogate Joe for doing the sound, I really got a nice mix out my monitor, I could hear drums, bass, the works.

Sorry to the audience for having to tollerate the rubbish songs we did! We murdered our way through Nile Song, Money and Ibiza Bar with great abandone (and thanks for not applauding after Ibiza Bar! :wink: :wink: )

Also, thankyou to Roger for giving us much needed rhythmic support on 4 of the songs.. its a shame he pissed off before Interstellar because I Was going to announce him!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

my breakfast. wrote:Also, thankyou to Roger for giving us much needed rhythmic support on 4 of the songs.. its a shame he pissed off before Interstellar because I Was going to announce him!
Sorrrry! ha.

You didn't seriously expect me to stay for that without a delay, did you??
Mary Anne
Embryo
Embryo

It was great!

Post by Mary Anne »

Hi,

I am Joe from the Surrogate Pink Floyd's other half, I enjoyed the entire event, myself and best mate arrived at about 5:30 so saw most of the acts and everyone was very good.
Hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did, I was the one sitting just behind the wee roped off area for the sound dudes.
Hope to see all of you again.

Mary Anne
:D
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

maybe a dumb question here but...are two lost souls a Duo?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

ironbaden wrote:maybe a dumb question here but...are two lost souls a Duo?
Yep, its our very own David Bruce (db_intheflesh) and his buddy, they did the whole of the Wish you Were Here album arranged for 2 acoustic guitars, impressive stuff!

Heres a snatch from Glasgow (oi, no sniggering at the back ;) ), this is from the end of the night after the bands had finished, gives you an idea of the party atmosphere, if you look closely you can see the actual Stevie G from Darkside in the background!!

http://www.savefile.com/files/153696
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

WOWOW incredble time had by all it looks...... :D
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I turned up for about 1 hour and a half before I went home :? So I pretty much missed most of it other than Two Lost souls :(

The drink prices in there were a joke, anyway. :? Just like most places really. It's the student union for me or nothing 8)
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Yep, its our very own David Bruce (db_intheflesh) and his buddy, they did the whole of the Wish you Were Here album arranged for 2 acoustic guitars, impressive stuff!
Dang! That sounds tasty :lol: Was it recorded? (I didn't check out the link... dialup :() I suggest a vine! :D
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

ironbaden wrote:maybe a dumb question here but...are two lost souls a Duo?
Not so much of a dumb question, seeing as we were very nearly a trio!
FloydCouncil wrote:Dang! That sounds tasty :D Was it recorded?
Stu captured the audio straight from the soundboard, and between us we've captured 3 video angles so we should be able to put together a nice "best of" DVD package.

Anyone get any decent photos? I've got some really blurred ones of Fat Old Man and Jer, and one of the Killer Pylons with Alan looking like the devil. Damn red-eye!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

FloydCouncil wrote:(I didn't check out the link... dialup :() I suggest a vine! :D
Sorry, I should have mentioned that this is just a small compressed file under 2 meg.

http://www.savefile.com/files/153696

There will be a vine once its all pieced together. As David says, we had 3 cameras running plus there were some folks there that got some other bits n bobs so we have plenty to work with, theres also 2 audio recordings from the soundboard, made sure there was a backup this time! I'll incorporate what I can from Brighton too as we had some differesnt performers there, it'll most likely be a 2 discer.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I think you should give us a sneak preview of the audio recording..

"The Killer Pylons - Interstellar Overdrive.mp3"..
Marko
Embryo
Embryo

Ciao!!!

Post by Marko »

Ciao!!!
I am Marco,the surrogate s bass player
Hey guys thanks to everyone i really had great fun last sunday.
You know..that was my first gig in glasgow and i really enjoyed it!!!!
cool!!!!!!!!!!!
I am really enjoing to play pink floyd(that was my forth time in my life).
Thanks to my band to give me this opportunity!!!
Hope to see you again!!!!!
Arrivederci a presto!!!!!!
Marco
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

PublicImage wrote:I think you should give us a sneak preview of the audio recording..

"The Killer Pylons - Interstellar Overdrive.mp3"..
I'm sure onstage destruction doesn't sound as good as it invariably looks.

and hell, the crowd didn't clap after the 2nd last number, so I would have to have done something major.

db_intheflesh wrote:and one of the Killer Pylons with Alan looking like the devil. Damn red-eye!
heh, I suffer REALLY badly from red-eye, even the photoshop redeye removers suck at removing it!

Can I see that wee pic anyway please?