Neptune Glasgow Marathon: Jumpin Jakks

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

simpledumbpilot wrote:There will be a vine once its all pieced together. As David says, we had 3 cameras running plus there were some folks there that got some other bits n bobs so we have plenty to work with, theres also 2 audio recordings from the soundboard, made sure there was a backup this time! I'll incorporate what I can from Brighton too as we had some differesnt performers there, it'll most likely be a 2 discer.
Now that sounds awesome! Can't wait.
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

my breakfast. wrote:I'm sure onstage destruction doesn't sound as good as it invariably looks.
I was watching your set again earlier as I was transferring it from camera to PC, and there's this great moment just before you're about to start Interstellar when you turn towards Roger and he's gone. The sound's quite muffled on this recording, but there's some good angles of you looking around the stage to see what to attack with your guitar next!
And was the Tubular Bells quote intentional? I smiled at that one on the day.
heh, I suffer REALLY badly from red-eye, even the photoshop redeye removers suck at removing it!
Can I see that wee pic anyway please?
I've uploaded my dozen or so photos of the night to http://picasaweb.google.com/davidthebru ... honGlasgow. My girlfriend was taking them, so to be fair most were "test shots" for when I was playing.
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

Wow there's photos of me too - and best of all you can't hear the sound :wink:

Thanks - it is appreciated
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

Hey Marco,nice to see you on here :)

Im looking forward to hearing the DVD, though i got to see all of the bands i didnt get much chance to sit back and listen, and there were a few great renditions in there, im hoping that the quieter acoustic and piano songs come across well, they sounded yummy on the night, though sometimes the recordings can be a bit sterile and you lose the atmosphere, but given the number of recording devices it should be excellent :)
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

black bobble wrote:Wow there's photos of me too...

Ah so you are 'fat old man'!

Small world innit. I should have spoken more, I think I said "excuse me mate you are standing on my wires" and that was it!

Sorry, talk more next time I promise!
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

well those wires were very important!! :lol:
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

db_intheflesh wrote:And was the Tubular Bells quote intentional?

It was, yes!
Lizzie
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Lizzie »

Hi,

I am Lizzie and was with the Surrogate Pink Floyd (Mary Anne's best mate) I enjoyed the entire event, we arrived at about 5:30 so saw most of the acts and everyone was very good.

Hope you all enjoyed it as much as we did, I was standing with Mary Anne just behind the wee roped off area for the sound dudes.

I ended up rather drunk after saying I wasn't drinking, and running about with equipment at the end of the night to help pack up..... I spoke to a lot of people while i was there and they all thought the gig was amazing.... :)

Hope to see all of you again.

Lizzie :)
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Yay! A mention of NPF and the Surrogate PF show on the mighty Ticketweb! I am on the weekly mailing list and just got sent this week's email.I can't reproduce it here but go on their site,type Surrogate Pink Floyd into the artist seach box and all will be revealed!

http://www.TicketWeb.co.uk
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

Hi

Yeah, we have an account with ticketweb, which is where we get all our tickets from, and we sell quite a few through there too :)

Recently they have been great to us, putting us on their newsletter and mailshots.

I wanted to put the NPF gig on ticketweb, but because it was already listed on tick.it or whatever it was called, then it couldn't happen.

Thanks for the mention :)

I hope to see you all again some day

Bye............
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Stu, is it ok if a video/audio of our band is sent out to us before anybody else gets to see it??? Its just that a few things need editting out, and none of us can really remember what!?!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

my breakfast. wrote:Stu, is it ok if a video/audio of our band is sent out to us before anybody else gets to see it??? Its just that a few things need editting out, and none of us can really remember what!?!
Three words:

The Nile Song
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

I've managed to get a small clip of Darkside playing Echoes... it's only about a minute and half long but hey, Stevie G's on there, what more could ask for?!

Echoes Clip - YouTube
Last edited by BigDim on Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Bril :D liant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

PublicImage wrote:
my breakfast. wrote:Stu, is it ok if a video/audio of our band is sent out to us before anybody else gets to see it??? Its just that a few things need editting out, and none of us can really remember what!?!
Three words:

The Nile Song
I'm sure I could borrow one of Printie's basses and re-do the bass line.