Neptune Glasgow Marathon: Jumpin Jakks

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

my breakfast. wrote:
PublicImage wrote: Three words:

The Nile Song
I'm sure I could borrow one of Printie's basses and re-do the bass line.
Yeah, let's re-dub all of the instruments and edit out audience sounds to make it more like Pulse! We won't really have much trouble editing out audience sounds after Ibiza Bar, since there were none. I cannot believe that they didn't clap!
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

I think the problem was that no-one knew you'd finished - you just stopped!! After the one second of silence, people clapped!!

I really don't want to turn this into an over-dub fest. I know you were joking about re-recording everything, but given that we don't have the ability to strip out instruments from the live recording we have, overdubbing instruments isn't something I'd want to do. I reckon the only "quality-control" we should be doing is deciding if a track is in or out, or possibly to be editted down slightly.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Lol. Edits a plenty then, but you have renewed my hope in "Ibiza Bar"! I thought maybe people hated my vocals!?!? Lol.
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

Hi

Has anyone heard anything about this recently????

I know that Stu had a problem as the soundboard only picked up the drums.
However, combined with the video mikes there should be a reasonable presentation of the gig. At worst, im sure the video recording would be good.

Where are all the pix too???? So far i have only seen clips and pix of Dark Side!!!!!
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

I did hear that there were some problems with the cash situation, Stu's been tied up trying to get money from the venue or something...

The whole night was filmed apparently so there must be tons of footage, I imagine that would take quite a while to sort through, nevermind sync'ing it between the three cameras.

Apart from that, I'm sure some NPF members took some photos in Glasgow... I've not seen anything!
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

Hi

There was a slight delay with the money i heard, but Stu told me it was all sorted over a month ago, so that got sorted... we're just waiting to hear about expenses/costs.

Im more into the video of the gig.... since we did that gig we have had some amazing gigs (a sell out at the Carnegie Halls, the Corn Exchange and more) and have put together a stunning light show (9ft Mr Screen, loads of big Martin scanners, strobes, spots and lasers) all thanks to the inspiration we got from you guys (ok, we copied you........ but we've gone for a different style which works great for us).

We were thinking of putting together a show next year and inviting a few bands to Edinburgh round about festival time.... we could make it quite theatrical and maybe work in a stage production of The Wall with some other songs bookending it...... I have a few bands up for it already and Dark Side are of course invited (i would be happy for Breathe, Pynk Floid, Two Lost Souls and a few others to be involved). I wont organise it myself, instead i'll leave it up to our promoter to do it all. It might not come off, but if i can get enough interest then i will get it in motion.

Thanks

:)
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

Hey guys, I suppose I'm one of two people in a position to update you on the video front.

Stu has the feed from his camera at the desk and the in-house camera (which was captured on a VCR), along with a copy of my feed from the on-stage camera. I'll be working on editing together some of the sets once I get a copy of the desk/in-house feeds, and I think Stu has someone else doing others. I'm not entirely sure. Our boss seems to have temporarily abandoned ship, but I'm sure he'll be back to update us soon!

Sounds a good idea for another show in Edinburgh. I'm sure you can count us in if we're still invited! :D

David
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

With the false start on the money front I've not even thought about sorting the video out these last couple of weeks, once thats all sorted I'll farm all the various bits of footage out to people that want to edit it together and then call it a day.

''It was the best worst show ever''

A sentiment thats ringing truer everyday.
darkside_andy
Axe
Axe

Post by darkside_andy »

It's a real shame that all of Stuart's hard work is turning sour. No the money issues aren't sorted out and to be frank David (from Jumpin Jaks)you need to pull your finger out. From Darkside's point of view we have put in a considerable financial input into these gigs and it is very frustrating that it isn't resolved yet. We have been more than patient.

Can we please help Stu out here and get things moving? (and keep people informed). It is complete pants that this isn't resolved yet and we (and I include Stu on this) can do without the hassle.

Andy

P.S. next stop - legal action, how sad is that?
Last edited by darkside_andy on Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Just in case theres any confusion, I should point out that the David thats posting above as db_intheflesh isnt the same David from Jumpin Jaks.
darkside_andy
Axe
Axe

Post by darkside_andy »

Thanks Stu, no I wasn't refering to David db_intheflesh, but the David that was the event link with Jumpin Jaks. Sorry for any confusion.
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

Hi all

now im confused...... i thought that David had sent you all the money Stu?? If not, then let me know.
Sometimes having a big angry manager like we do can seem a bit daunting and "in your face", however when it comes to things like this he is very very good at finding people and getting the money. Let me know what is still owed to you and we will go and get it ASAP.

Cheers

Joe
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

hey all
David from Jumpin Jaks here. Just a note to anyone concerned....Jumpin Jaks head office finally paid everyone. Not been on the forum for a while and just saw the posts. there was just some confusion with the head office as more than one invoice had been sent to them with different names and addresses on them.
it still took way to long and i have sent a letter of complaint to them, i no longer work there. Work in a new intertainment venue and hope to do more local floyd shows in the future.
Hope everyone had a nice christmas and a happy new year :)
henno

Post by henno »

any sign of video feed from this gig??
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

I'm still carting the MiniDV tape around with me in the hope that Stu will remind me what his address is so I can send it. I've mislaid the diary that had all my NPF addresses in, you see.

I have a spare jiffy bag all ready too. :D