Most influential Pink Floyd album?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Most influential Pink Floyd album?

Post by MoreOrLess »

As in which one influenced other musicians the most. Personally I think it's between...

Piper at the gates of dawn - Ok nobody else can really sound much like Syd Barret but this was one of the first totally phycadelic albums released so it had to effect alot of people.

Ummagumma live album - Probabley the most ahead of it's time Pink floyd release if you ask me nobody that i'v heard was doing anything like this in 1969. I see this album sited by alot of kraut rock people(can, tangerene dream, neu etc) as a big influnce on them and to a lesser extent I think it's a big influence on alot of ambient music(the orb etc) to this day.

The Wall - Probabley not very influencial at the time but it seems to be sited as an influence but alot of US bands in the 90's(nine inch nails etc).
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Ummagumma live album - Probabley the most ahead of it's time Pink floyd release if you ask me nobody that i'v heard was doing anything like this in 1969. I see this album sited by alot of kraut rock people(can, tangerene dream, neu etc) as a big influnce on them and to a lesser extent I think it's a big influence on alot of ambient music(the orb etc) to this day.
I would have to agree on this statement.
enigma00
Axe
Axe

Post by enigma00 »

I think that most of PF's more well known work has been an influence for most musicians who are aware of them.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

ummagumma
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I think Dark Side of the Moon. It was so entirely new and different. With all the sound-effects and things.