Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Roger.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

I belive Roger wrote the lyrics and the music was a group effort.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Yet Another Movie wrote:I belive Roger wrote the lyrics and the music was a group effort.

I believe in the possibility that extra-terrestrial scientists from a planet orbiting Sirius genetically engineered the human race in order to mine gold for them so that they may use the gold to repair their failing ozone layer.

But it's a fact that Roger wrote the lyrics for Echoes. And for all songs from Meddle to The Final Cut, in fact.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

mosespa wrote: But it's a fact that Roger wrote the lyrics for Echoes. And for all songs from Meddle to The Final Cut, in fact.
Even all the lyrics on Obscured By Clouds???? He doesnt have credit for them all but then it does pre-date the whole posession thing.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

I'm pretty sure David wrote the words to Childhood's End. Other than that, it's all Roger from Meddle to TFC.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I'm pretty sure David wrote the words to Childhood's End. Other than that, it's all Roger from Meddle to TFC.
Didn't Rick write the words to Stay?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

The credit for the song is Waters/Wright, so I would say Waters wrote the words on his own and the music with Rick. I've never heard either one state who wrote the words.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

simpledumbpilot wrote: Even all the lyrics on Obscured By Clouds???? He doesnt have credit for them all but then it does pre-date the whole posession thing.
Sorry...forgot that OBC comes AFTER Meddle.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

mosespa wrote: Sorry...forgot that OBC comes AFTER Meddle.
Apology not necessary, I hope you didnt think I was nit picking (I can see that my post may have looked that way), I was just wondering if there was some more info there that i hadnt come across before. Im always keen to find out more!
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

The credit for the song is Waters/Wright, so I would say Waters wrote the words on his own and the music with Rick. I've never heard either one state who wrote the words
I think wright might have put in some work on the lyrics they do sound very much like alot of his previous stuff talking about love/fame in the first person, something Waters didnt really start to do till WYWH . Generally though I think most of the classic period floyd tracks(71-77) started off with music written by Waters/Gilmour/Wright to which Waters would then write lryics.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

MoreOrLess wrote:
The credit for the song is Waters/Wright, so I would say Waters wrote the words on his own and the music with Rick. I've never heard either one state who wrote the words
I think wright might have put in some work on the lyrics they do sound very much like alot of his previous stuff talking about love/fame in the first person, something Waters didnt really start to do till WYWH
That's what I was thinking.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Okay I just got one question: "Who wrote the book of love?" Oh just kidding, but seriously folks, when it says Gilmour/Rogers (Fearless, WYWH etc.) Did that mean one was like... "no no no it should be two lost souls SWIMMING in a fish bowl... not FLOATING!" Or what?

(Is there any one at home?)
Last edited by Meddler on Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Meddler wrote:Okay I just got one question: "Who wrote the book of love?" Oh just kidding, but seriously folks, when it says Gilmour/Rogers (Fearless, WYWH etc.) Did that mean one was like... "no no no it should be two lost souls SWIMMING in a fish bowl... not FLOATING!" Or what? (Is there any one at home?)
It most likley means Roger wrote the lyrics & David wrote the music.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

But why does it say- Lyrics written by: Gilmour/Waters

(Come on, now,
I hear you're feeling down
)