Post by Tommy »

dave put the extra "so" in the beginning of wywh
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Tommy wrote:dave put the extra "so" in the beginning of wywh
lol

Well, as much as people rag on Dave for his music writting abilities, I think he's an excellent writter. With the original lyrics of CNumb that can be heard on the Wall Demos to the studio version. I think Dave was like... MAGICIAN! COME ON NOW ROGER! ;) And the lyrics to Young Lust. Very Gilmourish. Not much to do with war, politics, or going insane theme that was strong in the Wall.

(Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again
)
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

i believe God wrote them
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Meddler wrote:
Tommy wrote:dave put the extra "so" in the beginning of wywh
lol

Well, as much as people rag on Dave for his music writting abilities, I think he's an excellent writter. With the original lyrics of CNumb that can be heard on the Wall Demos to the studio version. I think Dave was like... MAGICIAN! COME ON NOW ROGER! ;) And the lyrics to Young Lust. Very Gilmourish. Not much to do with war, politics, or going insane theme that was strong in the Wall.

(Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again
)
I think it would be like that, (if anyone watches family guy its like the time peter said if u stick enough monkeys ina room they can produce shakespear), roger might have had the origional lyrical idas but he then bounced them off others and they added bits and removed parts making them group efforts.

And dave is a brilliant song writer.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

So now we're going to try and rewrite history by saying even the lyrics were a group effort? Bloody hell. David and Rick don't even understand The Wall, and here you are acting like they actually had something to do with the lyrics from DSOTM-The Wall. Heck, Rick said around the time of DSOTM that the band did not really care for the lyrics (Obviously this did not apply to Roger).

I suppose David and Rick helped Roger create the lyrics to ATD, right? How about PACOHH? TFC? Or did Roger simply put a bunch of monkeys in a room full of typewriters and decided whatever they would write would be the album's lyrics?
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I suppose David and Rick helped Roger create the lyrics to ATD, right? How about PACOHH? TFC? Or did Roger simply put a bunch of monkeys in a room full of typewriters and decided whatever they would write would be the album's lyrics?
I'm going to have to confess here. It was me who wrote ATD, PACOHH, TFC, The Wall and even Radio KAOS. That damned Roger Waters stole them.

You know it's true. Don't deny it.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Meddler wrote:But why does it say- Lyrics written by: Gilmour/Waters
Open up your WYWH booklet to the last page. See where it says "All lyrics by Roger Waters"?
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
Open up your WYWH booklet to the last page. See where it says "All lyrics by Roger Waters"?
No :lol:
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
I thought it was allready established that roger waters tried to take credit for everything, no matter if he did it all himself or not.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

David and Rick just allowed Roger to take the vast majority of the credit? Yeah, and pigs fly!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

This credit issus is getting boring now. Roger wrote most of the songs. The facts speak for themselves so let's leave it there shall we? :)
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Keith Jordan wrote:This credit issus is getting boring now. Roger wrote most of the songs. The facts speak for themselves so let's leave it there shall we? :)
Words of wisdom. This bickering is useless. "Oooohh, Roger has more songwriting credits!" "Dave only allowed him to have more songwriting credits!" "No he didn't!!!!111 Roger is kewl!!!!!!11" "OMG no, Dave is kewlar than Roger lololol!!!!111"
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The whole Floyd are meaningless. It is the music that matters. We don't know them as people so lets talk about the songs instead!! :lol: