terrible youtube comments

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

terrible youtube comments

Post by Groovybass77 »

check out the 74 comments on this youtube video, which shouldnt even be there cause its official material.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=invo5D6SuBQ

this is the worst comment
do some research asshole!!!! roger wrote the lyrics whilst under the influence of drugs, which is where the rumours come from about the song being about drugs, however the song is about when roger had a stomach ache before a concert, david gilmour did his usual routine of going into a room and recording number of riffs and solos off of the top of his head and listening to them back over and editing them to make them fit in better.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

You find a diverse range of people on Youtube. Some even use punctuation.
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

my breakfast. wrote:You find a diverse range of people on Youtube. Some even use punctuation.
Classic. Gotta remember that one. :D
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Shows how some people are so 'brave' sitting at home in their own comfort zone safely ensconced behind their PC attacking others opinions with their brave words.

Got to admit, the solo guitar playing turns me cold. :wink:
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the references to drugs and whatnot in Comfortably Numb refer to rock n roll excess?

It always reminds me of the stories I've heard about Keith Moon and what the roadies/band had to do to get him through a gig.

I could be wrong or it could be the drugs talking.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Re: terrible youtube comments

Post by decampos »

this is the worst comment
do some research asshole!!!! roger wrote the lyrics whilst under the influence of drugs, which is where the rumours come from about the song being about drugs, however the song is about when roger had a stomach ache before a concert, david gilmour did his usual routine of going into a room and recording number of riffs and solos off of the top of his head and listening to them back over and editing them to make them fit in better.
all the comments on YouTube are usually written by foulmouthed illiterate 13 year old idiots. The idiot quoted here is surprisingly mostly correct ... but wants a smack in the head.
Kimon
Blade
Blade

Post by Kimon »

You know there are some people who have no idea about Pink Floyd, but think they do. But what's wrong, we just laugh at them!
sound_chaser
Axe
Axe

Post by sound_chaser »

It does seem that Pink Floyd attracts more idiots than most bands: but then again, I suppose they are one of the most talked about bands on the internet, so this is probably the sort of thing to expect...and then laugh at.
Mr Tuck
Blade
Blade

Post by Mr Tuck »

Bloody uninformed youngsters grr! :P :twisted:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

kagee wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think that the references to drugs and whatnot in Comfortably Numb refer to rock n roll excess?

It always reminds me of the stories I've heard about Keith Moon and what the roadies/band had to do to get him through a gig.

I could be wrong or it could be the drugs talking.
The drug references in Comfortably Numb refer specifically to a show in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania either on the '74 or '77 tour in which Roger Waters found himself with stomach cramps. The "doctor" that was brought in, ostensibly to help Roger overcome whatever was wrong with him, instead gave Roger an injection of muscle relaxant and sent him out onstage. ("That was the longest two hours of my life," Roger later commented.)

It turns out that Roger had contracted hepatitis...and the "doctor" from the show didn't give a rip what was actually wrong with Roger, he was just there to make sure Roger could perform so that everyone could make their money.

THAT'S what the "little pin prick" is. It's something to make sure that Pink, who is catatonic and clearly in NO condition to perform, performs anyway.

It's about excess, yes...but not drug excess. More about an excess of callousness.

No one is concerned about what's actually wrong with Pink...they couldn't care less. It's just that he HAS to perform, or they don't get paid. So, whatever's wrong with him is nothing to do with anyone else...get him onstage so we can get paid.
matknny
Hammer
Hammer

Post by matknny »

Mr Tuck wrote:Bloody uninformed youngsters grr! :P :twisted:
I was one of them

We all were :!:
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

filthyfish wrote:so he contracted Hepatitis from drinking a nice cup of hot chocolate before bedtime then? and if it was "the longest two hours", surely he'd not have been confortably numb, uncomfortably numb, perhaps I think it has two or more meanings as do most lyrics, but thats quite a good "of course its not about recreational drugs" story that gets regurgetated when a cleaner image is required.
Depends on which kind of Hepatitis. Hepatitis a can be contractetd by just having a nice seafood meal........

The youtube discussions are far away from being as civilised as they are here in this forum. That's why I appreciate NPF so much. Nevertheless I keep thinking that if one puts a statement in public one must be able to stand the reactions. And one is supposed not believe everything that's put down in words.