Monthly or Quarterly mag....

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Monthly or Quarterly mag....

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think I am going to have to make the magazine a quarterly publication as not many people are submitting enough articles to it and I am finding very little time in my life to turn it around each month.
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

no don't how many articles do you have for next month?

I'll submit another 2 and plus that one that you allready have, maybe it will work, relax mate.
henno

Post by henno »

maybe someone should take over the running of the mag... god knows you have enough on your plate already, there should be enough interest out there to keep this running smoothly.....

ps, you can count me in for the usual sudoku and crossword....

i will try to come up with some article for the december issue, i wont make it in time for this edition.....

pps, what happened with all the proposed interviews??
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

I allready told, I would be happy to take whatever, I offerd to be on wikipedia project on adding and if he would like me I can also take on the mag, just is he wants. So I would be happy to either the wikipedia or magazine, or none, or both.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I think that a quarterly publication would be a better way to go with this.... It will be more anticipated by the readers, as long as we keep the quality top-notch.
This project shouldn't be about quantity, anyway- It's a sharing thing. It's an interactive exercise in which all members of the community are encouraged to participate, in whatever capacity they are comfortable with.
I think that, without the rigid monthly deadlines, more may be willing to try their hand at penning an article, or sharing their viewpoints- I do realize that deadlines are a must for any type of publication, but I also think that they can be intimidating and discouraging, especially when they're soooo close together! :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

no-no-no, Keith, please don't :( people just need to get an inspiration, and there's still enough time to submit for nov issue. i'm still working on my article ;)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I think going the quaterly route might be best, then if theres enough quality articles submitted in the interim perhaps a ''special'' issue could be put out from time to time???
henno

Post by henno »

I suppose four larger, high quality editions does make more sense, but is there a fear that, after only 2 monthly editions we've gone to a quarterly, maybe interest would wane.....
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think a quarterly would increase quality of the mag as it would be something more significant to look forward to and, if articles were not quite up to scratch, there could be feedback, revisions and better articles made!! 8)
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

well we need to make people write some more, about that work, just find people do help you I want to, and I am shoure some others also want.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Relax, Ballad.... Can't "make" anyone write; This is a FUN thing!!!
We have no shortage of talented writers on this forum, anyway... (Most of us also have "lives" to contend with;)- and we have proven- more than once- that we can pull off some pretty amazing projects, as a whole... We'll do it, we'll do it at our own pace, and we'll kick ass in the end. :D
Let's go quarterly, Boss!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:I think a quarterly would increase quality of the mag as it would be something more significant to look forward to and, if articles were not quite up to scratch, there could be feedback, revisions and better articles made!! 8)
I think 20+ days is enough for deciding, working and submitting. Deciding takes, say, 3 days, submittinh takes a couple of minutes, whats' left is about 20 days
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Some people do something called research and have busy lives!! :o :D
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

I still don't like it a quartley, and I try to do as much as I can, but then again I am not writing in a native language so.. I may have alot of errors.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Keith Jordan wrote:Some people do something called research and have busy lives!! :o :D
I have a busy life life, too 8)