Ummagumma (a Rick Wright idea)

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.

What do you think of Ummagumma?

Great, experimental sounds!
57%
One of the most careless Floyd albums.
27%
Absolute rabbish!
16%

Total votes: 56

Creek
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Ummagumma (a Rick Wright idea)

Post by Creek »

Hey no one said they couldn't and even if they had I think they would have recorded it anyway. It's not perfect, but I love as a whole. The live version more so...
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

did someone mess around with that poll? It says that i votes for "Great experimental sounds"!!!! WTF? Biggest rubbish ever produced by Floyd in my opinion! :lol:
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Presumably if you ingest industrial quantities of mind altering substances, it turns into great experimental sounds :smt030
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

I think it was just careless. They just said what the hell and put out whatever crap they thought was cool at that particular minute. If they would have lived with the ideas for a while, they would have realized that they weren't such cool ideas after all. It's my least favorite album of theirs for that reason.
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Kimon wrote:What's your opinion on Ummagumma. It was one of the few Rick Wright's ideas and many fans or even band members think of ita as an absolute disster. For some other funs, including myself, it was a very interesting experiment which revealed the capabilities of each member.
I fucking love that album both live and studio (except for maybe Nick's bit)...busted my Floydian cherry with that double disc and will STILL listen to it before many other of their records.

moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

It's nice to see 60% fans love the album :) So the situation is not hopeless at all :D