NPF Vol.3! Piper At The Gates Of Dawn cover submissions!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

NPF Vol.3! Piper At The Gates Of Dawn cover submissions!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Deadline: February 5th 2007

OK folks, well, its time to get the ball rolling properly on Volume 3 of the NPF Tribute series of CDs. 2 of the discs will consist of the songs I was unable to fit onto the previous volumes. Please note these arent ''out-takes'' or recordings that were not deemed to be good enough for the previous volumes, the reason they were not included is simply due to space.

In continuing the tradition of including a complete album on each volume, as mentioned before, the obvious choice this time is Piper At The Gates Of Dawn in tribute to Syd.

There are spaces available for people to choose songs from the album to cover.

Dont forget, as usual any style of cover version is acceptable be it a faithful rendition or a radical reworking.

Cover versions must be sent to me, in England, on CD, if you cant do that please dont step forward to take part. PM me for the address to send to when your cover is complete.

Heres the tracklisting of the album below. Song titles without NPF forum usernames in brackets next to them are available, if you would like to choose one of the songs to cover please send me a PM here, this will work on a first come first served basis.

01: Astronomy Domine (Massed Gadgets)
02: Lucifer Sam (Norbert Wilkins)
03: Matilda Mother (black bobble)
04: Flaming (mosespa)
05: Pow R. Toc H.
06: Take Up Thy Stethoscope And Walk (moom)
07: Interstellar Overdrive (my breakfast.)
08: The Gnome (Neil1567/2)
09: Chapter 24 (simpledumbpilot)
10: Scarecrow (Keith Jordan)
11: Bike (moonwall)
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:10 am, edited 7 times in total.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Great to hear Volume 3 is cracking off. At this rate a 10 volume box-set must be on the cards soon! Particularly looking forward to hearing My Breakfast's version of Intersteller Overdrive.Hope its the 20 minute out-there daft version played at Jumpin' Jaks! Good luck with it all everybody and particularly SimpleDumbPilot for pulling it all together again.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Neil1567/2 wrote:Particularly looking forward to hearing My Breakfast's version of Intersteller Overdrive.Hope its the 20 minute out-there daft version played at Jumpin' Jaks!
I am pretty sure it is!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

When is the deadline? I will do scarecrow!! 8)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Dibs on Flaming :D
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: NPF Vol.3! Piper At The Gates Of Dawn cover submissions!

Post by PublicImage »

simpledumbpilot wrote:09: Chapter 24 (simpledumbpilot)
When I read this it made me think of your remix version..But obviously that won't be allowed because of the samples.

I hope to hear some nice MicroKorg action, though!

I'd love to do Take Up Thy Stethoscope and Walk but I haven't really got decent recording equipment at the moment.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I'll do Astronomy Domine! 8)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I'm taking TUTSAW 8) (wanted IO, though...)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Keith Jordan wrote:When is the deadline? I will do scarecrow!! 8)
I've not really thought about a deadline yet, originally I was going to make this available on the anniversary of Syds death but thats quite a long way off, it would be nice to make this a Christmas present to the users here but that might be a bit too soon. As the rest of the discs are already sewn up perhaps the folks here taking part might like to suggest a deadline for this that suits them? Any suggestions anyone?
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Christmas sounds like a good idea for the release of Vol 3-particularly if you have the first two discs already sewn up.I guess this means a submission of the Piper material to you by the end of November,does it? As you say, this might be a bit tight for some.We can get you The Gnome by then if that helps! Failing that,how about a release date tied into the 40th anniversary of something?? The release date of the original album would be ideal but this is not until May.The release date of Arnold Layne? The date the band signed with EMI? My 40th birthday in March?!
Last edited by Neil1567/2 on Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

The release of Arnold Layne might be a good date, thats March 10th so that would give people until the beginning of February, would be handy to have a cover of Arnold Layne and possibly Candy And A Current Bun too to kick it off if thats the date we go for. Any takers?
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

I know I'm probably already on Volume 3, but I'll do Currant Bun if there are no other takers. Never really tried whimsical before!! :D
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I'm already on Volume 3, but I'll take Arnold Layne if no one else wants to step up.

*hopes that someone else WILL step up, though :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

has a cover of "Vegetable man" already been done? if not, i'm taking that one too :)
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

Great stuff!!

We're hoping to record 'Lucifer' when you come up in December Stu, if no one else has stepped up for that one we'd love to submit our work.

When's the deadline?