NPF Vol.3! Piper At The Gates Of Dawn cover submissions!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Put me down for lucifer sam.... I've got one on Vol 3 but I'll have a go at it..... I think i've solved the puter prob at home..... :D
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

oh no, VM already made it onto vol 1
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

moom wrote:oh no, VM already made it onto vol 1
This is True .......But your version isn't....... go get em MOOM
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

erm... once a song appeared, it can't appear the 2nd time. Such is the rule :)
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

Nope, moom - no such rule. No repetitions on the one volume, but you're free to repeat a track that appeared on a previous volume. I reckon a lot of stuff that Stu's already got for Vol 3 is probably different versions of songs that other people did on the first two, hence why they were left off.

We're only half a dozen tracks away from covering everything from the Piper era. I think it's only See Emily Play, Apples And Oranges, Paintbox, Scream Thy Last Scream, Lucy Leave and King Bee that aren't spoken for so far. Okay, when you list them like that it's still a lot of work!!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

VM is on vol 1, but since there is no rule of repeating... then I may take it ;)
That's a total of 3 compositions - 2 for this volume and 1 for Double Core. I've talked to my keyboardist and he says he wants to think it over, but I think he'll accept this :) Now I have to ask my guitar teacher (Sergey) if his stuff in his practising room is able to record instruments or ask if he could advise some other studio. If this goes well, I'll invite the guy who has volunteered to be our drummer and see what he plays. If he's not suitable, I'll invite Sergey to play guitar, bass and drums for these songs. If he refuses or refuses partly, I'll add tracks from my FruityLoops 5 Producer's edition. Also, if I don't get to record vocals anywhere else, I'll record them at home into PC (and then maybe audio CD) and rty to apply to songs :D

update: I have probably found a possible guitarist :D
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

Haven't been on the forum in a little while, but would like to pipe up and point out that I have already finished and submitted a very ramshackle (and somewhat sinister) version of Lucifer Sam at around the time of the last compilation which would obviously slip nicely into the gap in the current proposal.

Track features me playing real bass, then lots of spooky synth and organ overdubs (with a little effects processing) which I would like to think covers a range of Rick's timbres including a rather aggressive Wall-style "worms" patch. Then tons of automated fades and mutes to get it all to sit together, and finally an echoey butlins/supermarket tannoy trill to point up the "that cat's something I can't explain..." moment. It was originally intended as the spooky counterpart to the cheered up cover, like the happy/sinister pair I did for the first volume. No vocals. There was already so much going on I decided that they weren't necessary.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

I'd love to do Pow R. Toc H.
Norbert Wilkins
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Norbert Wilkins »

simpledumbpilot wrote:As the rest of the discs are already sewn up...
It occurs to me that the version of Lucifer Sam I sent out last time might already be included in this lot, which would make it free again. My version really is quite different from the original. Hopefully two versions wouldn't clash too much. Any further info, Stu?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Has the deadline been announced and I've just overlooked it?

The only reason I ask is that Come And See is getting pretty close to finished and the version of Flaming I've already started work on is a little too slavish for my liking right now (in other words, I've discovered another place to take the song, :D ) so I'll be taking it back to square one.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

If the plan is still a release to tie in with the 40th anniversary of the release of Arnold Layne,we've got until early Feb.Plenty of time for a major overhaul,then!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Sorry about the blunder with Lucifer Sam, I do already have Norberts completed version to include (as mentioned above), when I compiled the list of songs I missed it out by accident so Im afraid that ones already taken folks.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Update: Deadline February 5th 2007.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

no sweat..... can't wait to hear Norberts version...if its anything like his previous stuff it'll be Brilliant.... I'm on the Set anyhow..... can't wait to hear it!!! :D
fs
Axe
Axe

Post by fs »

Ahh...wouldn't it be a good idea to finish the production op Vol. 2 before launching this 3rd volume??

I mean... the artwork of vol.2 is still under construction ....