NPF Vol.3! Piper At The Gates Of Dawn cover submissions!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

No point in putting off till tomorrow what you can do today. Even with a February deadline, it'll be another month or two before this gets released. And the Volume 2 artwork is still "in progress", so it should rear its head some time before then. Although I'm sure a lot of work goes into the artwork, I think of these as predominantly musical projects! Funny that! :D
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

2066 wrote:I'd love to do Pow R. Toc H.
Damn you!

I am too slow.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

PublicImage wrote:
2066 wrote:I'd love to do Pow R. Toc H.
Damn you!

I am too slow.
Hahahaha! You... :smt015
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

So Stu...... are we gonna see a track list before the release.... I know the tracks are allready in for the Non Piper portion.... or...will it be a surprise to all? :D Happy holiday's by the way!!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think I will start recording mine on boxing day. Scarecrow is a great song!! 8)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Is there a possibility of a short delay? As I haven't started recording yet, like Keithyboy (;)).
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

moom wrote:Is there a possibility of a short delay? As I haven't started recording yet, like Keithyboy (;)).
Youve had plenty of time, if taking part means so much to you then you would be on the case by now! I'll just replace your proposed cover with a stock one that I have in hand if you cant make the deadline.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
moom wrote:Is there a possibility of a short delay? As I haven't started recording yet, like Keithyboy (;)).
Youve had plenty of time, if taking part means so much to you then you would be on the case by now! I'll just replace your proposed cover with a stock one that I have in hand if you cant make the deadline.
hey, don't go that hard on me!! I just mean IF... ... ev'rything WILL be ready ;)
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

Is Pow R. Toc H. available? If yes, I'm taking it. Don't worry, Stu, everything will be done way before the deadline, I swear :D I've already started recording today :)
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moom wrote:Is Pow R. Toc H. available? If yes, I'm taking it. Don't worry, Stu, everything will be done way before the deadline, I swear :D I've already started recording today :)
No, 2066 has Pow R. Toc H.

I wanted it but was too slow! Looking forward to hearing his version, though, especially after seeing the keyboards of his that he posted a while ago!

Also, I have some nice new equipment, could I possibly do Reaction in G, since that's a Syd era track?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

I just saw that the slot is open :S but well :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

moom wrote:hey, don't go that hard on me!! I just mean IF... ... ev'rything WILL be ready ;)
Then what was the point of that post? Stop being a tit moom!
PublicImage wrote:No, 2066 has Pow R. Toc H.
Well, no, thats not even remotely true seeing as they are unable to follow a simple instruction.....
simpledumbpilot wrote:if you would like to choose one of the songs to cover please send me a PM here
so if you want the song its yours given Ive received NO pm!!, just break the mould and let me know, its not too much too ask, its just lets me know what the fuck is happening with the project!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

simpledumbpilot wrote:
moom wrote:hey, don't go that hard on me!! I just mean IF... ... ev'rything WILL be ready ;)
Then what was the point of that post? Stop being a tit moom!

simpledumbpilot wrote:if you would like to choose one of the songs to cover please send me a PM here
so if you want the song its yours given Ive received NO pm!!, just break the mould and let me know, its not too much too ask, its just lets me know what the fuck is happening with the project!
1.that had to be said because you did were a bit hard. Now let's get over it, shall we? It's a new year outside :)
2. Erm, I'd love to, but I'm afraid I can't afford yet another one. Prices are bity here :( Average price per hour is 300-350-400 EEK ~ 20-30 USA. I'd better stick to making TUTSAW only.
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

Is there any way me and my bandmates could do "Arnold Layne?" We've got a nice version worked up!
gamesofmay
Embryo
Embryo

Tribute Volume 3

Post by gamesofmay »

Hi there,

it's been some time since i was in here... christmas spectacular at work... :-)

i'm glad to read about volume 3. great thing!!! vol. 1 and 2 were - well outstanding!

do i understand this right: 1 cd will be piper, the others left-over-stuff from the last volumes?!
coz i sent you my version of "welcome to the machine" for vol.2 but it had not been available that time?!
will it get on this time?! that would be great!

greetings from bavaria to all you pink heads! :-)

btw - doesn't belong here, but: wow, i saw gilmour last summer in munich... and i'm still amazed of echoes - didn't think i'd ever see this played live by any floyd!!!
2.btw - arnold lane with bowie is just amazing... it'S so obvious that he sings it... if not syd! RIP

bye

gamesofmay/egosonic