NPF Vol.3! Piper At The Gates Of Dawn cover submissions!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Hudini wrote:How do you participate?
Cash money of course!
I'll pm you the address.

lol

Take a look at the very start of this thread...and other ones in this forum and you'll find the details.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Hi folks,

Im dead sorry this has all taken far, far too long but theres been various things happening that have distracted me from the project. Id like you all to know that I am still very dedicated to it and have every intention of making this happen. On Saturday July 7th (the 1 year anniversary of Syd's death) this will go live! My plan now is to gather together everything I have and then make it available via the NPF torrent tracker on that date. If you'd still like to take part please e-mail me at [email protected] . If theres anything still outstanding on that date then its too late Im afraid, this will be my last NPF Tribute CD, Ive loved working on these and hearing the great work youve all done which I hope to continue doing so via whoever takes over after myself, its just a real shame I cant dedicate the time anymore. I have lots of fond memories of working on these projects...the first time I heard the cover of Stop on volume 1, hearing Mossy rock like a loon on The Powers That Be with a backing vocalist thats a story in itself, I even ended up singing the song in my head for weeks in Mossy's new style! Jonesy and co beating the reformed Floyd to the punch being the first (as far as I know) to pair up Breathe & Breathe reprise! Patrik actually managing to find a version of Vegetable Man that Swedish Whistler hadnt already donated to another Floyd compilation ;) , swooning over missbee's gorgeous voice, finding that Keith has a non-web-related talent, Black Bobbles chaotic genius, Bran's outstanding visual talent, the long missed Ridan & OE creating a shortlived but perfect partnership (albeit very brief), the outstanding generosity of Mooner, the overwhelming passion displayed by Floyd fans that actually went so far as to form a band that plays purely Floyd related stuff (many will write these off as mere tribute bands but having spent some time with these folks there is passion there that deserves much higher praise), the never-ending enthusiasm of Baden who always had a knack of making me feel that it was worth carrying on (without even trying!, I dont think you realise buddy!), getting as many NPFers as possible together to perform in my local!, the disasterous (on the technical side) marathons, the shit-yer-pants scarey forthcoming festival....basically its been a real blast that I'll never forget. I know Ive missed loads of people out, I dont mean to and I want you to know that its all meant a lot to me, I cant say what will happen to the NPF tribute projects after this year but I can vouch that the person that takes over will be the right person.

I have some very good people in mind to take over who I'll be in touch with soon, I hope you'll all extend them the same amount of courtesy, if not more!, that you have given me.

Cheers
Stu
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Fri May 11, 2007 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

So, Stu...are you leaving us for bigger and better things? :(

Will I be able to meet you at the NPF Festival in August?
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Syd'sSexy wrote:So, Stu...are you leaving us for bigger and better things? :(

Will I be able to meet you at the NPF Festival in August?
I'll still be milling around NPF and will be running the festival in august but alas it will be the end of my involvement in the tribute projects, It wont be easy to hand it over to someone else as these have been my babies for a few years now but I can no longer run them, it'll be a sad day when it happens :(
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

OK. I was looking forward to meeting you. You haven't posted much lately, and I was wondering if other things have been happening in your life. I do hope I get to shake your hand in Frome!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Syd'sSexy wrote:OK. I was looking forward to meeting you. You haven't posted much lately, and I was wondering if other things have been happening in your life. I do hope I get to shake your hand in Frome!
I'll be there buddy and make sure you say Hi! Altho the Frome gig will be my last NPF tribute thing a few us will be getting together for a 4 or 5 date mini-tour next year just for fun.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Right...I'll get back on my cover of Flaming and get it to you, Stu :D
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

And my cover of Astronomy Domine is well finished and on the way to you Stu.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I'll be there buddy and make sure you say Hi! Altho the Frome gig will be my last NPF tribute thing a few us will be getting together for a 4 or 5 date mini-tour next year just for fun.
Next year? Phew, I should be able to arrange some kind of group to play at one of them. I want to play Interstellar Overdrive and try to merge a Sparks song somewhere in the middle!
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

could I just say I think Stu's done a fantastic job on the CDs and gigs and if someone is taking them over thay have a hard act to follow.

Personally I think the CDs have run their course - the more there are, the less special they appear and 3 sets seems to be a good time to stop.

Of course if there are going to be any more sets, they are still fun for us musicians who are on them but I think for others they will have less effect.

anyway, Stu, I hope to go to a Portland gig before long - if you want to recommend a decent band
Lino
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Lino »

If you need someone to help you with the tributes from now on I offer my services.

I'm putting a EUROPE TRIBUTE ALBUM right now, and it's doing fine, so I have the experience.

Next year I'll be able to help you.

Thanks
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Sean, could you please upload Deep Horizon onto MySpace again, please :) ?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Sean, wake up :lol:!

Anyway, the news about my Piper... submission...

I have an idea, - it's simple, yet effective. I'll do an a capella of Pow R. Toc H. :idea: :D:D:D
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: NPF Vol.3! Piper At The Gates Of Dawn cover submissions!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

So with the demise of the tracker and the copyright issues, does that mean Vol. 3 of the Tribute is dead?
mosespa

Re: NPF Vol.3! Piper At The Gates Of Dawn cover submissions!

Post by mosespa »

I would assume so.

I have mixed feelings, actually. On the one hand, I'm sorry to see this get cut...on the other hand, I wasn't really making any progress with "Flaming," so I'm kind of relieved to be bailed out by powers beyond my control :lol: