NPF Vol.3! Piper At The Gates Of Dawn cover submissions!

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Re: NPF Vol.3! Piper At The Gates Of Dawn cover submissions!

Post by cymbaline212 »

maybe there should be a tribute to the NPF tracker by a re-enactment of pf management shutting down the tracker. i can see it now. i log in to NPF, what! no more tracker? pf management behind this! One Of My Turns starts blasting in the background, i start trashing my room, i throw all my roios all over the place, and i throw my computer monitor out the second story window while cutting my hands on the sharp glass. Don't Leave Me Now starts playing...
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

cymbaline212 wrote:maybe there should be a tribute to the NPF tracker by a re-enactment of pf management shutting down the tracker. i can see it now. i log in to NPF, what! no more tracker? pf management behind this! One Of My Turns starts blasting in the background, i start trashing my room, i throw all my roios all over the place, and i throw my computer monitor out the second story window while cutting my hands on the sharp glass. Don't Leave Me Now starts playing...
:lol:
Pink is still ALIVE :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Stu, you here :) ?
I'm ready with Take Up... (finally :lol:). Erm, I actually failed to record it in the studio, but this version I have now is still decent, I think :) I decided to slightly rearrange chords, so when we release this, please mention that :) Or, if it's okay, give a credit, like, Barrett, Wright, Mason, Waters, Kiisler, or Pink Floyd, arr. Andrei Kiisler.

Where to send, is that e-mail still valid?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

This album cannot go forward because it is breaching copyright. It would be just like sharing a bootleg.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

But how's that a bootleg :shock: ?

Oh wait... what about... you know where?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Moom, if you are referring to the live performances, it has already been stated that they are properly liscensed.

The tribute albums are not. Thus, they are violations of copyright and cannot continue.

The live shows can because they are being performed at venues which pay liscensing fees for the live performance of music.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

You mean, tributes are not licensed by us, but by them, management, right? Is the license expensive, btw? DAMN!!! I have a killer track, which I'd like to share, and now they come and tell I can't!!! Not much active themselves, they don't let others do good stuff as well.
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

It's a real shame - specially with all the hard work that's been put into the project (specially by Stu). I personally can't see what the fuss is as long as it isn't distributed. I think people are allowed to play cover versions in their own bedrooms and therefore I can't see it being illegal recording them.

But distributing them to people who aren't on the disc may mean someone will not buy a genuine Pink Floyd CD (which is a joke - as I'm sure most people on the forum have them all).
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

black bobble wrote:1.It's a real shame - specially with all the hard work that's been put into the project (specially by Stu). I personally can't see what the fuss is as long as it isn't distributed. I think people are allowed to play cover versions in their own bedrooms and therefore I can't see it being illegal recording them.

2.But distributing them to people who aren't on the disc may mean someone will not buy a genuine Pink Floyd CD (which is a joke - as I'm sure most people on the forum have them all).
1. True
2. Why do you think so? This is not an original, so even if someone gets it, that person wil still want the original :)
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

2. Why do you think so? This is not an original, so even if someone gets it, that person wil still want the original
If a Pink Floyd fan like all us here, yes - but if it's just someone half curious not necessarily - but as there are very few non members going to get there hands on it - it really isn't much of an issue

Personally I think we should go ahead with it - but not connecting it to Neptune Pink Floyd (to keep Keith safe) and then release it on bittorrent etc
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moom wrote:You mean, tributes are not licensed by us, but by them, management, right? Is the license expensive, btw? DAMN!!! I have a killer track, which I'd like to share, and now they come and tell I can't!!! Not much active themselves, they don't let others do good stuff as well.
If you want to share it, feel free to send me a link to the file in a PM, as I'd love to hear it!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

black bobble wrote:
2. Why do you think so? This is not an original, so even if someone gets it, that person wil still want the original
If a Pink Floyd fan like all us here, yes - but if it's just someone half curious not necessarily - but as there are very few non members going to get there hands on it - it really isn't much of an issue

Personally I think we should go ahead with it - but not connecting it to Neptune Pink Floyd (to keep Keith safe) and then release it on bittorrent etc
But then, release on what? What's the point without sharing? Also, if I knew the other place to connect it to, would it be okay then :) ?

Roger... are you friends with sendspace links :) ?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moom wrote:Roger... are you friends with sendspace links :) ?
Yes, I think that they are lovely!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

black bobble wrote:1. I personally can't see what the fuss is as long as it isn't distributed.

2. I think people are allowed to play cover versions in their own bedrooms

3. and therefore I can't see it being illegal recording them.
1. That's the thing. The minute one makes a copy of this disc, one acts as both a manufacturer AND a distributor...both without permission from Big Brother.

2. Technically, "Any Performance" done without paying a liscense fee is illegal.

ANY performance.

Even in your bedroom...without an audience.

That song does not belong to you. What right have you got to play it without giving Big Brother some money first?

3. Ah...but it is. You see, to record it would be to act (again) as a manufacturer without permission from the owner of the material. By creating even a different version of the song, you are still creating a version of the song...a song which is owned by someone else.

And yes, they ARE afraid that if someone has a copy of one of these songs, there'd be no need to buy the originals. That's how retarded their view is.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

PublicImage wrote:
moom wrote:Roger... are you friends with sendspace links :) ?
Yes, I think that they are lovely!
Then I'll upload and send :D

Sean, is it just me, or do I smell some funny sarcasm in your post :) ?