Waters 2007 tour - possible spoiler!

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Waters 2007 tour - possible spoiler!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Heres a snippet from the Livenation website, its probably not accurate but here it is anyhoo...
Set One will be a comprehensive overview of Waters' music including early Pink Floyd material; classic compositions from the masterpiece "The Wall"; beloved pieces from "Animals," "Wish You Were Here," and "The Final Cut"; and songs from Waters' solo tour de force: "Amused To Death" and "The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking."
So, there could be material from Pros & Cons on the tour, that makes me a very happy bunny, altho I do hope its not Every Strangers Eyes again, Sexual Revolution would do very nicely thank you :D probably hasnt got the pipes to do it anymore tho which is a shame.
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

"Beloved pieces" :shock:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Narek wrote:"Beloved pieces" :shock:
I wouldnt get too excited, even if its just 1 piece from each of those albums the phrase is still correct to be in plural form as it would equal 3 pieces. Hows that for being a spoilsport :wink: :lol:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

What no Radio KAOS
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

Lol I think that means "Every Strangers Eyes" but we will see.
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

FALSE, this what they said before the tour began, EXACT THE SAME TEXT, I have it frome somwehone.

Maybe it could be, but the exact text is what they said before.

And I do hope this is not true.
ICS
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ICS »

i thought that the last tour was supposed to have a lot of obscure stuff played but it didnt at all. would be nice if it really happened.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

The Ballad Of Pink Floyd wrote:FALSE, this what they said before the tour began, EXACT THE SAME TEXT, I have it frome somwehone.

I don't understand this post at all.

Could you perhaps rephrase it?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

PublicImage wrote:
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd wrote:FALSE, this what they said before the tour began, EXACT THE SAME TEXT, I have it frome somwehone.

I don't understand this post at all.

Could you perhaps rephrase it?
What he is trying to say is that the anouncement of what is going to be played during this tour is exactly the same as the anouncement for the last tour
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

ICS wrote:i thought that the last tour was supposed to have a lot of obscure stuff played but it didnt at all. would be nice if it really happened.
Sheep? Leaving Beirut? Bring the Boys back home? Vera? Have a Cigar? The Fletcher Memorial Home?
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

What's set two going to look like? A combination of songs from his two new albums? The entirety of one or the other? DSotM (I hope not)? Ummagumma disc 2?
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Tenniru wrote:What's set two going to look like? A combination of songs from his two new albums? The entirety of one or the other? DSotM (I hope not)? Ummagumma disc 2?
Actually for the second set Roger plans to drink scotch and play cards backstage while the Pros and cons of hitchiking home demos are played over the PA.

Now wouldn't that be amusing.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

***Possible spoiler***:

ROGER CAN'T SING!
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:
Tenniru wrote:What's set two going to look like? A combination of songs from his two new albums? The entirety of one or the other? DSotM (I hope not)? Ummagumma disc 2?
Actually for the second set Roger plans to drink scotch and play cards backstage while the Pros and cons of hitchiking home demos are played over the PA.

Now wouldn't that be amusing.
Well, it would be nice to finally have a bootleg of the tape. Someone could matrix and edit together all recordings of Set 2 to create a definitive version of it, removing all acoustics and crowd noise.

What would the encore be? Work, the January '72 version of Eclipse, and a lip-synced version of SSoSFAGiaCaGWiP?
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

jambo wrote:***Possible spoiler***:

ROGER CAN'T SING!
Blasphamy.

I say Off With Jambo's Head!

:lol: