Waters 2007 tour - possible spoiler!

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

Demolition Man wrote:Blasphamy.

I say Off With Jambo's Head!

:lol:
Which one? :lol:
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Aww come on, it's not like i'm from Tasmania :lol:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

oki, according to pinkfloydz.com it´s the same setlist as in 2006....
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Well, the first show of the tour is tonight. We'll find out then.
hummingman
Blade
Blade

Post by hummingman »

Quick question, I still havn't heard anything back about my Earls Court ticket... is this normal?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

hummingman wrote:Quick question, I still havn't heard anything back about my Earls Court ticket... is this normal?
Yes - there's no sign of the NEC ones either
bigfins64
Embryo
Embryo

first show

Post by bigfins64 »

Hi all just got back from sydney the show was fantastic , won't go into to much detail gotta go to a wedding tomorrow then fly out for the melbourne shows, the setlist is the same as 2006 but lots of new videos and an extra inflatable. the performance was absolutey awesome, rog played and sang a storm and they were all obviously having a really good time . i did record the show and will have it up after the brisbane show, will try and get some video as well.
FransT
Axe
Axe

Post by FransT »

This is the setlist of yesterday's gig:

FIRST HALF: In The Flesh, Mother, Set The Controls For the Heart Of The Sun, Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Have A Cigar, Wish You Were Here, Southampton Dock, The Fletcher Memorial Home, Perfect Sense parts 1 and 2, Leaving Beirut, Sheep.

SECOND HALF: Dark Side of the Moon.

ENCORE: The Happiest Days Of Our Lives, Another Brick In The Wall (Pt 2), Vera, Bring the Boys back Home, Comfortably Numb.
henno

Post by henno »

basically the same as the Cork gig i was at......

thats mainly the reason im not going to go to the dublin show this year... oh and the stupid ticket pirice as well....
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

I'm disappointed. He's been playing this whole thing again and again since June, and his band is getting into that dead repetitive mode where overused setlists go to die. The only thing I can only name one band that can play the same set again and again without going mad, and Roger Waters is no DEVO.

Incidentially, In The Flesh has appeared at every single show Roger has played at (minus Live 8) for the past 27 years. Money and Wish You Were Here have been there for the past 23 (although they are still nowhere near as used as ITF, as they've been radically remade over the years).

You'd think he'd have learned what repetition does to a performance after the first four DSotM tours. Maybe a huge army of musicians, the band being involved with the stage, and a click track helps (otherwise 1981 would've sounded like late 1974).
mhspiper
Hammer
Hammer

Post by mhspiper »

I think that Rog ought to drop "ITF." It's not that I don't like it, he's just played it so many bloody times. 27 years! That's far too long. He ought to work in some songs that don't get played (How about "Free Four?")
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

I thing what he should do is start taking himself seriously as a solo artist again and dedicate entire halves of shows to his solo work. I'd even be able to tolerate opening his first set with ITF... if he closed it with Brain Damage/Eclipse and opened and closed his second set with Radio Waves and The Tide Is Turning respectively (no, I don't mean play all of KAOS, but at least do those bits.)

I think the first portion of his set (the image segue relying on a radio) is kind of a call back to the old KAOS concept, although more subtle. Maybe that's not the only part of the album he didn't disown.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

mhspiper wrote:He ought to work in some songs that don't get played (How about "Free Four?")
ahaha, I would LOVE that. Thats a great song! :D

Personally, I'm glad he's playing DSTOM in the 2nd-half. hey! at least I'll get to hear it live! :p
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

he could start by reading his own Press Releases, that promise material from Pros & Cons
(see the Roger in Indiathread)

but he doesnt need to, as audiences are paying big big bucks to hear the greatest hits and he'd probably lose sales if he actually played solo material
theres a generation that was too young to see the PULSE tour thats lining up for this one
personally I think hes selling the product the people want to finance all these Eastern European Ca Ira performances, cuz those probably are not turning any profit
hummingman
Blade
Blade

Post by hummingman »

Noticed this pn pinkfloydz.com:

Sensational Sydney Roger Waters blew away a near capacity audience at Sydney Acer Arena on Thursday night. Set list was the same as for the 2006 leg of the show. Highlights included some of the crowd capturing Roger's pig until it could be rescued by security! Roger also tripped at one point, deflty regained his footing, and turned it into a little dance! He also jokingly introduced Dave Kilminster as Dave Gilmour. Please check out Brain Damage for show reports & pictures. Our report should appear there real soon. Also don't forget to check out Media From The Show

"He also jokingly introduced Dave Kilminster as Dave Gilmour" - anyone know anymore about this? Seems interesting