Waters 2007 tour - possible spoiler!

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Well, if anything, at least Roger's getting happier. Dancing onstage, not stopping and yelling at the crowd when a pig got captured, and poking fun at his habit of finding Gilmour clones is nice.

Why did security even bother to save the pig? To the best of my knowledge, all of the pigs he brought were disposable as he usually tossed them into the sky at the end of the first set. It's not like it was a re-usable pig being captured by the crowd like in 1977 (and again in 1988).
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

so if hes been setting loose one graffitti'd pig at every US concert
they must be landing somewhere
has anybody found one yet?
a lucky fan?
an outraged Republican?
maybe theyre fouling up some fragile wetlands?

itd be cool to eventually compile a list of every pigs landing place
sort of like the Wall identifier lists, presuming each pig has unique graffitti
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Tenniru wrote:I'm disappointed. He's been playing this whole thing again and again since June
Well, I for one am pleased in a way that he's playing the same set this year.At Hyde Park following a full day of proper drinking in the sun and the madness of England's enevitable World Cup exit I can barely remember being there,let alone what was played! :lol: Anyway,what did we really expect? This to Rog and his band is no new tour-just a continuation of the one that ended in the USA last year-just with a nice Christmas break.It seems a few new arrangements have been worked on(Beirut?) and a few new films and what-not have been introduced so it won't be EXACTLY the same.And remember,kids,chances are this might be the last time round so lets make the most of it!
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

I could care less what in the hell he plays this time. I saw him twice last year, and since he says that he probably wont go on the road again after this, I will not miss this for the world.
Edel
Axe
Axe

Post by Edel »

hummingman wrote:"He also jokingly introduced Dave Kilminster as Dave Gilmour" - anyone know anymore about this? Seems interesting
According til Col Turner's concert review (third one from the top), it happened like this:
When introducing the band, Roger got to Dave Kilminster, and said “’this is Dave, er…… someone or other, no er Dave Kilminster, sorry, just had a senior moment’.
:lol:
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

nemesis11f wrote:I could care less what in the hell he plays this time. I saw him twice last year, and since he says that he probably wont go on the road again after this, I will not miss this for the world.
What? This is his last tour?

That's... a bit pathetic. He's only 63 years old; Paul McCartney, now 64, has worked far harder and longer in much older age than Rog ever has. Heck, the longest gap Paul has had between solo albums is the four years between Off The Ground and Flaming Pie (and again between Driving Rain and Chaos And Creation In The Backyard). Paul is also gearing up for a tour and album to restore the money lost to Heather Mills.
Even RINGO STARR does more work than Roger.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I hope this isn't the last tour. Mick Jagger runs around enormous stages all night, while Roger is pretty stationary so hopefully he can keep going for awhile!!! :)
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

Freddie Mercury wrote:I hope this isn't the last tour. Mick Jagger runs around enormous stages all night, while Roger is pretty stationary so hopefully he can keep going for awhile!!! :)
I hear it takes a LOT of effort to spit from the stage however. :lol:
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Freddie Mercury wrote:I hope this isn't the last tour. Mick Jagger runs around enormous stages all night, while Roger is pretty stationary so hopefully he can keep going for awhile!!! :)
Jagger is still fueled by all the Columbian Marching Powder he took all those years ago :lol:
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

J Ed wrote:so if hes been setting loose one graffitti'd pig at every US concert
they must be landing somewhere
has anybody found one yet?
a lucky fan?
an outraged Republican?
maybe theyre fouling up some fragile wetlands?

itd be cool to eventually compile a list of every pigs landing place
sort of like the Wall identifier lists, presuming each pig has unique graffitti
ive wondered this since i saw him last year, after it was let go it looked as if a helicopter flew by moments later to hunt it down. i dont want to sound like some liberal hippy or something but letting go huge inflatable pigs is pretty bad for the environment. i doubt waters would be allowed to litter every concert. it would be awsome if the pigs were biodegradable. as for the unique grafitti thing ive seen multiple venue pictures of the pig with the same writing on it but also a few with different writing so he may have had a few backups or alternates for different areas of the world or something. i doubt people in other countries would understand or care what some of the things written on the pig are