?50 to see Roger at NEC?!

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
BigDim
Blade
Blade

?50 to see Roger at NEC?!

Post by BigDim »

Thought I'd start a thread to discuss something that's really suprised me about Roger's 2007 tour...

I'm not sure how much tickets are being sold for at other venues but at Birmingham's NEC Arena box office tickets are going for ?50!!

I've had a ticket kindly bought for me as an early Xmas gift but was shocked to discover that they're being sold at what I'd consider to be an extortionate rate!

To be fair I don't really appreciate the true costs of putting on such a tour, but imagine that the performance will indeed be fantastic, however, surely ?50 is a little on the high side?

I was just wondering what other forum members thought?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

The tickets were more than that for the Cork show last year - so ?50 seem reasonable
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

In Germany the prices are 70-100 Euro... whatever that is in that british money :wink: not too much i think consiodering the show he brings with fireworks, explosions, video and flying pigs ....
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

70 euros is 50 quid .
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

There are ?30 tickets available for earls court
Edel
Axe
Axe

Post by Edel »

The tickets for the show in Bergen (Norway) cost 650,- NOK, which is about ?52 GBP. So I think ?50 is quite reasonable. 8)
The tickets for the show in Stavanger this summer were cheap, only 490,- NOK (= ?40 GBP).
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

NZ$400 for platinum seating for Roger in NZ = approx 130 UK pounds, I think.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Tickets can only be worth what people are willing to pay for them!! So blame the fans for being silly enough to pay that for them!! My two were ?116 for block B, Row P seats 13 and 14 at the MEN in Manchester. 8)

The enjoyment I will get from attending that concert with my brother David, seeing Roger and his band up there doing their thing, is well worth the money in my opinion. 8)
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

Keith Jordan wrote:Tickets can only be worth what people are willing to pay for them!! So blame the fans for being silly enough to pay that for them!! My two were ?116 for block B, Row P seats 13 and 14 at the MEN in Manchester. 8)

The enjoyment I will get from attending that concert with my brother David, seeing Roger and his band up there doing their thing, is well worth the money in my opinion. 8)

i'll be there too, right in front of ya.

same price ?116 to see roger MIME a few tracks, and 3 lead guitarists do one mans job...... strueth :roll:
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

everton1690 wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:Tickets can only be worth what people are willing to pay for them!! So blame the fans for being silly enough to pay that for them!! My two were ?116 for block B, Row P seats 13 and 14 at the MEN in Manchester. 8)

i'll be there too, right in front of ya.

same price ?116 to see roger MIME a few tracks, and 3 lead guitarists do one mans job...... strueth :roll:
I do hope you're not serious.
everton1690
Knife
Knife

Post by everton1690 »

I do hope you're not serious.[/quote]

i am....... stating a fact
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

everton1690 wrote:i am....... stating a fact
No you're not.

I just did tho :D
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Is seeing Roger expensive? Yes! Is it worth the expense? Definitely yes!!
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

Roger, David, Rick and Nick are all getting to the age where touring will become more problematic.

See any of them as often as you can afford and be glad that you are getting the chance now. It may not come again.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

I guess touring expenses must be pretty high for old Rog as well. It is not like it is just him and a guitar bussing from one town to the next.