does pink flyod still exist

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
nightmare
Blade
Blade

does pink flyod still exist

Post by nightmare »

i am sorry for my ignorance but i only listen to their music i do not follow the band so i ask once again does pink floyd still exist. if yes will they go on the tour soon and if yes are they coming to croatia?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: does pink flyod still exist

Post by Keith Jordan »

babylonjah wrote:i am sorry for my ignorance but i only listen to their music i do not follow the band so i ask once again does pink floyd still exist. if yes will they go on the tour soon and if yes are they coming to croatia?
2 members of the original group are still in the band (Nick the drummer and Rick on keys) but all the rest have left. Syd was replaced by Syd who left after piper at the gates of dawn and roger left in the mid 80s as the floyd had become a "spent force creatively" in his opinion as one of the main songwriters.

I must wonder though, if the Floyd had become a spent force creatively, is that because Roger couldn't write any more Floyd classics under the name pink floyd? did he have to release himself from the floyd to pursue some material that was totally different to what had gone before through the emotional fear of not living up to expectations under the floyd brand? I wonder??

Psychotherapy seems to have worked for roger in dealing with his immense ego problems. He seems to be a much happier chap thesedays. I saw him in Birmingham last year and he was all smiles and friendly. :)
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

Rog went through psychotherapy? I never knew that... I have noticed when I read for instance Roger's comments in the booklet for his "In the Flesh" 2000 live album he seemed quite a bit more content and happy than his Floyd years.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Pink Floyd still exsists in my heart. :cry:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

It is currently June 29th, 2003.

The Division Bell came out on March 30th, 1994 in the UK. THAT WAS ALMOST A DECADE AGO. For crying out loud, when it came out I only had hair on my head and was two feet shorter than I am now! :lol: We might as well say that PWPF have disbanded.
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:when it came out I only had hair on my head
so you were 17 in 1994?
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Pink Floyd will always exist as long as we can listen to their music
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by white rabbit »

(sniff) they'll always live on in my heart.
in, uhh, i think may's Rolling Stone, David Gilmour said that it wasn't entirely impossible for them to get back together for one more album, but it just wasn't of the up-most importance, and he would rather do solo stuff. so, it's not likely, but i guess we can always nurish the hope that there is hope.
:roll:
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

I believe the musical part of PF still exists with the Gilmour-led band, at least with the Division Bell.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Pink floyd still exist i think. In their music they will always live on! but as far as touring and albums I think theyll do one more tour (maybe one special show with roger somewheres!) and then they'll release it on a double or if they really want to "go out with a bang" a Triple disc live set!
I saw him in Birmingham last year and he was all smiles and friendly.
You saw him??? Did you talk to him??? Wow what a sroke of good fortune!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

MikeWaters wrote:
I saw him in Birmingham last year and he was all smiles and friendly.
You saw him??? Did you talk to him??? Wow what a sroke of good fortune!
Wel, he was on the stage! He was right in front of me though. A lot of people got up at the end and went to the front of the stage. Rog said it's okay, its rock and roll!! He had a big grin and was cool about things. Not met him in person though.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

It all depends on how you define the term "exist."