A New Post for Poor Rick's Forum

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

A New Post for Poor Rick's Forum

Post by Ruvigny324 »

I thought that the Rick Wright Forum needed a new post, so here it is. No one EVER posts here! I feel so sorry for Rick. He is my favorite member of Pink Floyd. He's so overlooked.
So now I will try to think of a new topic.
ummmm.......

ok, here it is.
How talented do you think Rick was in comparison to the other members of Pink Floyd? I, for example, think that he was more talented than Nick, but not as much as Roger. I don't know how he compares with David.

Rick is my favorite member because he seems like the nicest one as a person, actually. Also because I feel sorry for him. David Gilmour seems very nice too, but he's way too jolly. It gets scary sometimes. hahaha. And he is way too public about his donations to charities. Nick's way too jolly also. And Roger doesn't seem that nice at all. But maybe that's just me.

Just thought this forum needed a new post!
Last edited by Ruvigny324 on Fri Jul 04, 2003 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

For me, Rick made the pink floyd sound (not floyd & council!!) and was the most talented "musician" in the band. davod is well known for his playing but he is not a techniocal 1,000 notes a minute man. He takes it easy and injects emotion and not show off look at me ego playing! Rick was always the musicina though!! He's a beast!! :lol:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I reckon a beast is a bit far Keith. Also didn't know anyone over the age of 18 used that phrase, though for people my age the term has more changed completly to a degrading term e.g "look at that un, she's a beast."

Uh... He's not my favourite, i guess that's probably Roger, though on Live In Pompeii he did look less pompus than the rest. That's definitly to his credit.

You think this Rick forum's looking bad, look at the Nick forum.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Okay, Rick is a living legend. :D
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

What drug addictions did/does Rick have? I heard that he was a serious drug addict in the seventies or something. That explains why he is so skinny and sickly looking.

I really do have pity for Rick Wright. First of all, no one EVER posts on this forum. (The same goes for Nick, but at least Nick is a jolly chap like Gilmour. They are very unpopular.) Secondly, I never understood before why Rick looked so ill, skinny, and prematurely aged in all of the pink floyd pictures, but i guess if he was possibly a heroin addict, that is explained. I feel sorry for this plagued man. he somehow reminds me of my grandfather.
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

Post on this forum and Nick mason's forum!! No one ever posts here or there! I don't want to put this on the nick mason forum however because that would come across as pushy. also, i do not very feel sorry enough for nick who has a million lamborghinis (in addition to a jolly nature :roll: ) in his garage to entertain himself with (whereas rick has only his piano, yacht, and cocaine or something to keep himself occupied, in addition to his sad nature. :cry: :cry: :cry: ) :lol:
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Re: A New Post for Poor Rick's Forum

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Ruvigny324 wrote: David Gilmour seems very nice too, but he's way too jolly. It gets scary sometimes. And he is way too public about his donations to charities. Nick's way too jolly also. And Roger doesn't seem that nice at all. But maybe that's just me.
I can't understand what's scary about David & Nick being to jolly. :? :? :shock:
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

:lol: i was sort of joking. there's nothing wrong with being jolly, i agree with you!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Uh, Rick's no longer a cocaine addict.

Either that or i've been misinformed :shock:
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

so he was a cocaine addict, eh? i was never sure whether he was or not...

i really don't know why i feel so sorry for him. but if you had to characterize all of the floyd members...:

david: the optimistic, lighthearted, jolly one. is more aggressive than he seems at first glance. some leadership qualities.
nick: also the jolly one, but slightly more cunning and dark (ie. in the same "camp" as roger???). has a million lamborghinis. not such a leader.
roger: the dark, depressed, yet pompous and proud one. opinionated. leadership qualiites.
rick: the zoning out, drugged out, depressed, underfed one with a depressed wife and without leadership qualities. possibly defended by david from roger??? hahaha.

(wow, pink floyd is so depressed.)

see what i mean? i can't help but feel sorry for rick.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

I've heard he did coke too, aside from that I don't think he's done much drugs besides pot, tho I wouldn't really know. He was one of the "stoner" Floyds along with Gilmour, while Mason and Waters were the alkies.

Rick definately had a big influence on PF's music up until Animals, I think back when PF was Syd's band Rick was the most musically talented member (judging by all the organ-work on PATGOD). His return in the Division Bell I think gave that album the Floydian sound that (I think) MLOR lacked.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

I've heard he did heroin. And I've read in interviews where he says he did acid, smoked pot and basically admited to doing coke. But then who hasn't.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

madcap69 wrote:I've heard he did heroin.
I've heard George Bush beats his wife and John Wayne used to dress in drag and John Lennon once killed a man! :lol:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Strange days indeed!
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

I've [i]heard[/i] George Bush beats his wife and John Wayne used to dress in drag and John Lennon once killed a man! :lol:[/quote]\

So whats your point?