Roger Waters Radio K.A.O.S. Video

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Roger Waters Radio K.A.O.S. Video

Post by Keith Jordan »

You can download a 20 minute video interview with Roger Waters from the page below. You need to know the site username and password so sign up for the newsletter to get it.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/downl ... deoarchive

So, what do you think of the video. Do you think he really does know what Hip Hop is? He seems very egotistical and self righteous in this video. It is plain video evidence of it!! Agree??
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

Keith, before i download.....is this the interview from the KAOS rehersals VCD?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

FloydNZ wrote:Keith, before i download.....is this the interview from the KAOS rehersals VCD?
It is. It's the one with roger wearing the oversized shades!! lol.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

What was with those shades that he seemed to wear so much during that era?

OK, now seriously. I think I missed something because I couldn't hear a word they kept using...it sounded like...monetarism?

I don't think he sounded egotistical...tired and bored and fed up with all the interviews he'd been doing (as he aluded to), yes. But whenever he's interviewed, he always makes me smile or laugh in what he says because it always hits a nerve with me in agreement or understanding.

This was what, 1987? Don't laugh, but I sure didn't know what hip hop was then either. Not that I cared. And I guess Roger didn't either.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pugs, are you in love with Roger?!?!?! :D Me too! Only joking. :-)

He knew full well what Hip Hop was but snubbed it!! Indeed he said it is contrived to make money, doesn't mean anything and is nonsense! My sentiments exactly. Just filthy mouthed men saying all sorts of evil trash for money and girls and stuff!

On his transition from being in a band with the Floyd and finsing his new band, he did put a little jab in! He said words to the effect that Pink Floyd are just musicians and he was the main man! He has now found a new band and is carrying on creating his concept albums as normal. He doesn't seem to credit the Floyd with anything.

This is why I asked do people think he was egotistical. But in Roger's defence - and from his perspective I preceive he had - the Floyd were a group of musicians carrying on without him and that ticked him off! :lol:

I made a comment yesterday about Rogers psychotherapy. His therapist seems to have put his head back in the box now. But does he still think he is roger the great?!?!

I am playing devils advocate (to stimulate debate) and bringing evidence into my argument so I am not bashing him for your information people!
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

weird interview, its hard for me to understand him, british accents.....

i think he was just tired of being interviewed and was quite outspoken, i thought it was funny how he didnt want to talk about radio KAOS
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Keith Jordan wrote:Pugs, are you in love with Roger?!?!?!
:-;
:D Me too! Only joking. :-)!
:shock:
On his transition from being in a band with the Floyd and finsing his new band, he did put a little jab in! He said words to the effect that Pink Floyd are just musicians and he was the main man!
Well, Pink Floyd are just musicians! (unless you subscribe to the notion they're rock gods or something) And there's nothing wrong with that! Musicians are great! He was the impetus, the drive behind it, the conceptualizer, the motivator. And the major songwriter. So he saw himself a the main man of the band. I don't think that's unrealistic.
I made a comment yesterday about Rogers psychotherapy. His therapist seems to have put his head back in the box now.
I've always been leery of the psycho-professions. Personally, I have no problem with the feisty Roger!

"If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain."

I don't know about him undergoing psychotherapy, but I hope he's happy, and I hope it is something he chose for himself rather than others suggesting it for him.

I don't have a good opinion of the mental health industry...I believe they're in the business of creating Stepford People. But I guess we can all have our little conspiracy theories. :twisted:
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

Roger is "great" and yes, thoes glasses were hot... And, it wasn't just in that decade when he wore shades...If you look at pics of him in the 60s....He wore them too, and they're hot on him...SO, anyway, I haven't seen that video yet, and I want to, so I can see what you are all talking about and at the same time, look at his hot face...
:wink:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

RogerWatersGirl wrote:Roger is "great" and yes, thoes glasses were hot... And, it wasn't just in that decade when he wore shades...If you look at pics of him in the 60s....He wore them too, and they're hot on him...SO, anyway, I haven't seen that video yet, and I want to, so I can see what you are all talking about and at the same time, look at his hot face...
You had best hurry up and download it, it will be removed in a few days. :-)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Nice interview and all, and thoses glasses were just hilarious.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

RogerWatersGirl wrote:Roger is "great" and yes, thoes glasses were hot... And, it wasn't just in that decade when he wore shades...If you look at pics of him in the 60s....He wore them too, and they're hot on him...SO, anyway, I haven't seen that video yet, and I want to, so I can see what you are all talking about and at the same time, look at his hot face...
:D
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Hey Keith,

I put in my username and password and it wont let me get in. And yeah I signed up for the newsletter. :cry:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Ridan wrote:Hey Keith,

I put in my username and password and it wont let me get in. And yeah I signed up for the newsletter. :cry:
http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/conta ... ge=u_and_p
RogerWatersGirl
Blade
Blade

Post by RogerWatersGirl »

My password and user info isn't working..WHAT DO I DO??????

Anyway, the glasses aren't hilarious..They' hot...wlel, I don't know...I haven't seen the video yet...

:lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

RogerWatersGirl wrote:My password and user info isn't working..WHAT DO I DO??????
:lol:
http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/conta ... ge=u_and_p