Dark side of the moon comes to Dubai

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
InFocus
Embryo
Embryo

Dark side of the moon comes to Dubai

Post by InFocus »

This just released in Dubai. Tickets will go on sale shortly, check these websites for updates:

http://www.timeouttickets.com
http://www.boxofficeme.com

Dubai: Roger Waters, principal songwriter of Pink Floyd, will perform The Dark Side of the Moon and all his hits at a concert at Dubai Media City on February 21, according to Talent Brokers, the organisers.

Set One will include masterpieces as The Wall, Wish You Were Here, Final Cut and songs from Waters' solo performance Amused To Death and The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking.

Defining works

Set Two will be The Dark Side Of The Moon, one of the defining works of rock music history.

The band features Andy Fairweather Low (guitar and vocals), Snowy White (guitar), Dave Kilminster (guitar and vocals), Jon Carin (keyboards and vocals), Graham Broad (drums), Harry Waters (Hammond organ) and Ian Ritchie (saxophone) with Katie Kissoon, PP Arnold and Carol Kenyon on vocals.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

Any idea when they go on sale? Can international customers buy?
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Re: Dark side of the moon comes to Dubai

Post by J Ed »

InFocus wrote:songs from Waters' solo performance ... The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking.
somebody needs to show this to Roger cuz I dont think he knows
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Dark side of the moon comes to Dubai

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

J Ed wrote:
InFocus wrote:songs from Waters' solo performance ... The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking.
somebody needs to show this to Roger cuz I dont think he knows
quite right!
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Perhaps he is changing his setlist for 2007 (I hope so; P&C is awesome).
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

He will be playing all the Pacific islands next at the rate he is going at.
His love of playing live is really in full swing.
InFocus
Embryo
Embryo

Roger's Dubai Concert Tickets on sale as of 11.1.07

Post by InFocus »

ROGER WATERS :THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - AND
FLOYD CLASSICS LIVE

Date: Wednesday 21st of February 2007
Venue: Dubai Media City, United Arab Emirates
Doors Open 4:00PM
Show Starts 8:30 PM

Tickets available at

http://www.boxofficeme.com

FYI 3.65 UAE Dirhams (AED) = 1 US$
7.2 UAE Dirhams (AED) = 1 GBP
4.8 UAE Dirhams (AED) = 1 Euro

Tickets will go fast so hurry.
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

I just got mine! YAYYYY! :D :D :D :D
InFocus
Embryo
Embryo

Post by InFocus »

Good for you FC! Should be a cracker.
Out in the open, on the grass (unless you are in the stands) , under the moon and stars. The weather is just right this time of year.
Last time Roger was in Dubai he had the best sound system heard in these parts. The light show was not too shaby either!
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

Yeah, I've been waiting for this ever since Roger once said in an interview hes going to tour in 2007. Gonna be the first I see him, lol, still can't believe it!
shabana
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shabana »

FloydCouncil wrote:I just got mine! YAYYYY! :D :D :D :D
I got mine yesterday! But i have no clue what kinda seats I got!?! No map of venue or seat numbering available! Did you guys get VIP tix? I'm soooo excited!!!
How about we have a pre-concert get together for all waters fans going to the concert somewhere at a bar around media city?
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

shabana wrote:
FloydCouncil wrote:I just got mine! YAYYYY! :D :D :D :D
I got mine yesterday! But i have no clue what kinda seats I got!?! No map of venue or seat numbering available! Did you guys get VIP tix? I'm soooo excited!!!
How about we have a pre-concert get together for all waters fans going to the concert somewhere at a bar around media city?
The regular priced tickets were for standing only, so I doubt there's any numbering for those. Did you get VIP tickets? Maybe they'll give you a seat number at the gate? I got regular tickets btw.

And yeah, I still can't believe it. Its gonna be the first time I see him! :D:D:D:D:D
shabana
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shabana »

FloydCouncil wrote:
shabana wrote: I got mine yesterday! But i have no clue what kinda seats I got!?! No map of venue or seat numbering available! Did you guys get VIP tix? I'm soooo excited!!!
The regular priced tickets were for standing only, so I doubt there's any numbering for those. Did you get VIP tickets? Maybe they'll give you a seat number at the gate? I got regular tickets btw.

And yeah, I still can't believe it. Its gonna be the first time I see him! :D:D:D:D:D
Its the second time I'm seeing him in less than 6 months :D I got VIP tix though and I'm pissed coz I thought they'll be close to stage :x

So you in for pre-concert gathering? I'm traveling from Kuwait with a few fans from here. You live in Dubai?
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

I'm from Pakistan. I'll meet a few online friends in Dubai who are also going to the gig.
shabana
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shabana »

FloydCouncil wrote:I'm from Pakistan. I'll meet a few online friends in Dubai who are also going to the gig.
Cool- so maybe we can all plan to meet someplace? It'll be great to meet fans from all over the world! :smt052