flickering flame

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
henno

flickering flame

Post by henno »

anyone any idea why 'flickering flame' was released on a cd that wont play on pcs or macs??

roger having a little row with bill gates or something??
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

My Australian pressing doesn't have the copy protection on it.

Identification of the Aussie pressing:
*Comes with red slipcase with an "Made In Australia" sticker on the back.
*UPC 9399700100426
*ID Number on the side of the red slipcase and also found on the back cover of both the case and book = 5079062000 (the "will not play on PC/Mac" standard edition is COL 507906 2/5079062000 on the backs and 507906 2 on the side)
*CD Backcover along with the inside back page to the book has the following web addresses = http://www.columbiarecords.com, http://www.roger-waters.com, http://www.sonymusic.com.au, http://www.sonymusic.com.nz - the standard edition only has the Columbia Records and Roger Waters sites plugged.
*On the CD itself it says its "Manufactured by Sony Music Entertainment (Australia) Limited. I'm assuming the standard edition is most likely manufactured in England but my "will not play on PC/Mac" copy is still in the wrapper.

I'll put a few pictures online of the Aussie pressing tommorow. Haven't had any issues with ripping it to my PC.

Oh, and its Sony who you should be having issues with over this since that's who Roger is under.
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

It plays on my PC, oddly.
CHR15
Axe
Axe

Post by CHR15 »

i got it in a torrent, so plays on my pc.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

CHR15 wrote:i got it in a torrent, so plays on my pc.
:smt018 [-X officially released material :smt018 [-X
Demolition Man
Knife
Knife

Post by Demolition Man »

Off with his head I say.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I think its a shame that PCs seem to be replacing hi-fi components.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Flickering flame is a rather poor collection in my opinion. I don't really see the point.

I could understand if it had remixes or demos or something but as it is it just seems like a waste.
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

Flickering Fireworks was a rather better (and way more funny) compilation I gotta say.

His Flickering Flame release was pointless...totally. All 3 of his solo records were works that were made as whole pieces and don't benefit at all from having "singles" pulled from them. His Live release was a far more worthwhile way to pull a little cash together.
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

Flickerin Flame I think wasn't all that good of a collection, I think it is a poorley made album, maybe just for hard RW fans or collectors.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I think its a shame that PCs seem to be replacing hi-fi components.
yeah
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:I could understand if it had remixes or demos or something but as it is it just seems like a waste.
my copy of Flickering Flame has demos on it, two of them, plus a song from a 1980s soundtrack that most people have a hard time finding, and a Bob Dylan cover
its got much more previously unreleased or otherwise obscure stuff than, for example, Echoes
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

FF is nice for it's unreleased/rare bits of material, but as a best-of set it is seriously lacking.
HeckTo

Post by HeckTo »

Here's a fact: I've had the album for many years; and I've never listened to it.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

copyright stuff, that's why... The only thing these copyrighters dunno is that we can simply record stuff from CD to MC ;)