flickering flame

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
henno

Post by henno »

simpledumbpilot wrote:I think its a shame that PCs seem to be replacing hi-fi components.

its the way of the future...

your pc will be used to listen to music, watch tv, record tv, download music and dvds, control domestic heating and ventilations systems, control lighting settings in your house, controal domestic music systems, monitor electricity usage, gas usage, water usage, output to foul sewer systems, all domestic grocery shopping online, all inter personal mail, all domestic business mail, pay bills, ordering goods,.... etc etc etc....

theres nothing wrong with using a pc to listen to music if your speaker system is adequate....
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

then when your away on a business trip your home PC will lock the doors
and take your wife prisoner and inseminate her with digital DNA to create The Demon Seed
henno

Post by henno »

youre watching too much TCM..... :D
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

Flickering Flame was issued by Sony to help promote the Tour of that year and was issued in a cheap Card sleeve .It's was limited edition and the Deletion date of 31 December 2002. was set before the Cd even came out .Casual fans may not have had even half of it's content so it was not pointless.I have the UK promo in a white sleeve and it does play on a mac and PC.As far as I know the only official release without copyright protection was the Japanese release .It 's a Sony thing and not a roger thing .Sony are idiots.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

It would not play in my computer at home, but, I have a new laptop at work, and it plays...either, the old cd/dvd drive are to blame, or perhaps the older media player??
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

henno wrote:youre watching too much TCM..... :D
you mean that old movies channel? actually, I'm glad at least some channel still shows them coz some are pretty good. They say Elvis' movies are bad (Ian Gillan, for example, says he lost faith in Elvis after he'd seen his movies) and soundtracks are "oh, please" - bullshit.
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

:?: :?
But I feel the heat of the Flickering Flame studio demo (F.F.-Solo Years1 by Sony) of the ACD on my PC very hotly.Its standard issue Roger Waters kicking the hell out of Dylan with his rendition of vocals ; and at appx after almost three minutes into the song when Doyle,Carin and Roger (i can't exactly hear of it clearly) are heard talking or exchanging some remarks across clearly in the background is my fav. part as it gives me the feel of Roger's studio, making it the real demo "version" !!.
:) In fact I loved this song really well when he played it live in 2002 at Bangalore ;India -of course the new X*Gen and "kindalika pinkus floydian" species found this FF bit irritating/irrational ;cos they had only heard "Each Small Candle" as being the new song only & thought Roger wasn't Floyd like at all-A Point I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH!!-The soothing sound of acoustical and laid back style with outstanding lyrics performed equally with the kind of emotion felt only in TFC ;it was the best song to end the show for us the "Worshippa PinkFloydica Floydianus" the Floydian species.
(c.2002/04/14) Roger's "CNumb" was the presumed last song to end the set ; and what a way to perform it - Snowy and Andy Fairweather Lowe playing the solos like the lovers ;each one doing their own thing ...raising the sensual and excitments of the audience while Mr. Screen showed two eye blinding orbs coming closer in sync with the progression of the guitar duet....rising to the ultimate ecstasy...as they played the final notes in unison with Andy and Roger who had faded in the background all this while...and then "BANG !!!!!!!!!"-the orbs collide in a blinding flash of white (Fission/Fusion of atoms??) like bathing us in this brilliant light ;our jaws dropped just stood there...I was felt really C.NUMB at this point...I can't recall when my hand started to clap applause...it was Roger who brought us back to the planet when he spoke about F.Flame..and then goes to play this emotional song ...striking our very heart,leaving us aching for the people Roger cried his heart out...if he wouldn't have played F.Flame to end the set ; I can only guess the kind of line-up of people outside local hospice or crashed cars of the ones going home after the show...So Roger did the right thing by calming down and putting our feets firmly back to the ground to the real world.