5%

Total votes: 19

Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Pink Floyd 67-03

Post by Ruvigny324 »

A completely irrelevant question...
But what does everyone think? Which Floyd member has aged the best?

In my opinion, it is almost a tie between Rick Wright and Roger Waters. Both have aged decently, and do not look that different from how they looked like when they were young.
My final vote goes out to Roger, however, because he's the only one who has gotten better with age. He used to be on the ugly side, but is less ugly now with grey hair and wrinkles, for some strange reason. Rick Wright has aged just as well, but he looked better when he was young. (He aged prematurely, I think, when he was young. He looked about 35 instead of 28 in his Pompeii pictures). That poor man gets skinnier and skinnier and frailer and frailer with age. Did anyone see his arms? His bones are about to collapse!!! Wonder what's eating away at him? Did he have a heroin addiction or something? ( :shock: Keith Richard is a walking anti-drug ad) Maybe he's still depressed about the Wall.
In my opinion, David Gilmour is the one that's aged the worst. I heard that he had very little energy at his recent shows, his arms shaking and him barely being able to finish the show. Wonder what happened? It's strange because he used to be the healthiest-looking Floyd member along with Roger in the earlier years despite Roger's veiny junkie arms. haha.
As for Nick Mason: Nick is Nick. He seems to have matured a lot, though, over the years, although he still has a teenage obsession for sports cars. Men never grow out of this stage. In fact, men never mature. I take back what I said about Nick.
I do understand that this post is irrelevant and not that flattering. But I thought it would be interesting.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

My vote is for Nick
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

But Nick obviously dyes his hair to look younger. I have never seen a picture of him with grey hair.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Nick because looks like he has more energy than any of them... I think Roger too has lots of energy in him. :) but Rick is the best looking.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

Roger Waters looks like Richard Gere so I chose him. He is very sexy.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

I pick Roger, aside from the wrinkles and hair I really don't think he has changed that much in appearance, if anything he looks more fit to me. He definately hasn't put on much extra weight like Gilmour or Mason have.

Gilmour certainly hasn't aged too gracefully. However you're forgot to account for Barrett - poor Syd definately has aged the worst, for obvious reasons of course.
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

Syd surely hasn't aged as badly as Gilmour! :shock: He looks quite fit, in fact, although bald.

I forgot to put him on the poll!! ](*,)
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

I went with Roger. Nick does not look that bad either.
CHR15
Axe
Axe

Post by CHR15 »

I picked Roger, but i'm suprised no one has picked Rick yet.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Pink Floyd 67-03

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Ruvigny324 wrote:A completely irrelevant question...

In my opinion, it is almost a tie between Rick Wright and Roger Waters. Both have aged decently, and do not look that different from how they looked like when they were young.
My final vote goes out to Roger, however, because he's the only one who has gotten better with age. He used to be on the ugly side, but is less ugly now with grey hair and wrinkles, for some strange reason.
A point of contention with me and the rest of the Floyd fans of the world, it seems. I guess I just do not see why everyone thinks this. Roger was gorgeous when he was young. But then again, I'm not into cutesey. I prefer men who have character and NOSES (well, one nose per man, I mean), cheekbones, fuller lips, ah, yes. I just described my husband too.
Rick Wright has aged just as well, but he looked better when he was young. (He aged prematurely, I think, when he was young. He looked about 35 instead of 28 in his Pompeii pictures).
If my info is right on birthdates, then Rick was actually 26 when Pompeii was filmed. I think the reason why you might think he looks older there is because he has facial hair, which always makes men look older. I wouldn't say he looks 35, though....not at all. If anyone has seen the Apples and Oranges video (the one with Syd where he blanks out during the song), Rick looks so incredibly young...like 16 or so, but I think he'd be about 20.
That poor man gets skinnier and skinnier and frailer and frailer with age. Did anyone see his arms? His bones are about to collapse!!! Wonder what's eating away at him? Did he have a heroin addiction or something?
I don't think anyone in Floyd was ever addicted to heroin.
In my opinion, David Gilmour is the one that's aged the worst. I heard that he had very little energy at his recent shows, his arms shaking and him barely being able to finish the show. Wonder what happened?
Maybe he was just nervous after not having performed for so long? Hope that's all.
It's strange because he used to be the healthiest-looking Floyd member along with Roger in the earlier years despite Roger's veiny junkie arms. haha.
As for Nick Mason: Nick is Nick. He seems to have matured a lot, though, over the years, although he still has a teenage obsession for sports cars. Men never grow out of this stage. In fact, men never mature. I take back what I said about Nick.
It's the same with women, but I won't go into it because I know I'd be generalizing.

Anyway, back to the aging thread. I think Roger *has* aged the best. He's remained thin, without appearing *too* thin. He seems very fit for his age. One thing in David's favor is that when one is heavier when older, the wrinkles don't show as much, however when too noticeably overweight, the apparent lack of wrinkles = youthfull appearance is diminished by the weight simultaneously (mixed blessing). One thing I've noticed is that people with fuller lips (Roger and David) also appear younger as they age too. Rick has thinner lips, which is why he may appear older.

Roger is also more fortunate than the rest because he still has all his hair!

I wouldn't say *any* of them have prematurely aged, though. I'll leave that to *other* bands. :wink:
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:
Ruvigny324 wrote:A completely irrelevant question...

My final vote goes out to Roger, however, because he's the only one who has gotten better with age. He used to be on the ugly side, but is less ugly now with grey hair and wrinkles, for some strange reason.
A point of contention with me and the rest of the Floyd fans of the world, it seems. I guess I just do not see why everyone thinks this. Roger was gorgeous when he was young. But then again, I'm not into cutesey. I prefer men who have character and NOSES (well, one nose per man, I mean), cheekbones, fuller lips, ah, yes. I just described my husband too.
hmm...i really don't think roger was UGLY when he was young. in fact, in my opinion, he looked better than david gilmour despite his bad teeth, because he had more character. what i meant was that the majority of people seem to think that. he is considered quite ugly by the majority of people, from what i've heard. in fact, (no offense to nick) nick was the only floyd that was ever ugly(in my opinion).
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Ruvigny324 wrote:hmm...i really don't think roger was UGLY when he was young. in fact, in my opinion, he looked better than david gilmour despite his bad teeth, because he had more character.
Yeah, that's it...character. Was trying to find the word...
Ruvigny324 wrote:what i meant was that the majority of people seem to think that. he is considered quite ugly by the majority of people, from what i've heard.
:cry:
Ruvigny324 wrote:in fact, (no offense to nick) nick was the only floyd that was ever ugly(in my opinion).
Nick? Ugly?

Actually, I don't think any of them are ugly. :? Maybe I just have different criteria or something.

OK, you know who I think was ugly? Elvis. Fat, thin, doesn't matter. His face made me want to upchuck. Michael Jackson post-plastic surgery. Massive upchuckage, but I suspect most humans would agree with me on that one. :lol:
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:OK, you know who I think was ugly? Elvis. Fat, thin, doesn't matter. His face made me want to upchuck. Michael Jackson post-plastic surgery. Massive upchuckage, but I suspect most humans would agree with me on that one. :lol:
Yes, I agree with you. Elvis Presley was very ugly. I cannot stand his face! :( He had "character," but in an unpleasant way. it just didn't work for him. I really do not understan why he was considered a teenage heartthrob. Maybe they had a different criteria back then.

Elvis had what I consider a very "greasy" face. Not as in his skin was oily, but as in... I don't know, his face makes me want to upchuck???
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Ruvigny324 wrote:Yes, I agree with you. Elvis Presley was very ugly. I cannot stand his face! :( He had "character," but in an unpleasant way. it just didn't work for him. I really do not understan why he was considered a teenage heartthrob.

Maybe they had a different criteria back then.

Elvis had what I consider a very "greasy" face. Not as in his skin was oily, but as in... I don't know, his face makes me want to upchuck???
Me neither! I'm always thankful I wasn't a teenager in the 50s because I wouldn't fit in. (Not that I fit in in the 70s, mind you).

I know exactly what you mean about greasy. He sort of seemed smarmy, yet I hear he was so humble, but he project smarmy.

Maybe I have something against those who do not write their own songs. I admit, I that is a prejudice of mine.

Someone from that era who deserved much more recognition than Elvis IMHO was Buddy Holly. Now he had talent, and what a waste his early death (at 21!) was.
Ruvigny324
Axe
Axe

Post by Ruvigny324 »

All of the above is completely, completely true!

"Elvis Presley projects smarmy." :lol: :lol: :lol: