Live From Abbey Road Website Set Up - Gilmour Preview

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think I will try and edit/authour a DVD in the next few days and get it up on a tracker somewhere on the internet! I may make a WMV of the Gilmour bit too!!
gilmourgroupie07
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gilmourgroupie07 »

were u therE??!![/quote]

Indeed I was!!!!!!!

I'm sure everyone on here would had liked to have been there

but we couldn't ....so we would like to settle for the not quite the same as being there recording

And welcome to the forum [/quote]

Thanks for the welcome and I can perfectly understand I'm just lucky enough to be able to see it from both sides but if I were you I'd probarly want to see it regeardless.
PublicImage wrote:
gilmourgroupie07 wrote:So it may just be easier to stop hoping because it's not going to ever be as good, it was blody amazing and I'm sorry but you just had to be there.
Were you in the recording studio when Pink Floyd recorded Interstellar Overdrive for the Peter Whitehead film? If not, then you should never listen to it if your logic is anything to go by, since, like the acoustic version of Echoes, that was a live performance of a song in a recording studio.
Land into Gold wrote:Incidentally, do you remember whether the cameras were rolling when they played Echoes.

The reason I ask is that the band bowed to us at the end and that was captured on film. If that is the case then surely Echoes must have been recorded. PM me if you prefer not to discuss this in public. I don't want you know you to start yelling at us again.
I personally have absolutely no doubt that it was recorded. Why on earth would they have performed it at the Abbey Road recording studios but not recorded it despite having all of the recording equipment set up and ready to use?

What you don't quite seem to have grasped is that this was completly off the cuff, not expected by anybody and only happened following a conversation between David and Polly, as a special end to the tour.
Most of the crew were packed away and the chap who was recording everyhing was stood in the room enjoying the moment aswell.

So it isn't quite the same really is it?
jonesy wrote:
I reckon they would have filmed it all ....

i dont see why not really .. and i think it would stupid not to..

although maybe someone could enlighten us with more info ???

If you read my reply to public image on page 5, it might help.

Next time try and fit it in one post rather than 4. I know it was in response to different things but... well just try to avoid it- David
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Keith Jordan wrote:I think I will try and edit/authour a DVD in the next few days and get it up on a tracker somewhere on the internet! I may make a WMV of the Gilmour bit too!!
Kool Kat has it up on Yeeskhul
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Its on the NPF tracker too... which is down for 20 mins during maintenance.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

gilmourgroupie07 wrote:What you don't quite seem to have grasped is that this was completly off the cuff, not expected by anybody and only happened following a conversation between David and Polly, as a special end to the tour.
Most of the crew were packed away and the chap who was recording everyhing was stood in the room enjoying the moment aswell.

So it isn't quite the same really is it?

Oh, I see. Personally, I don't mind at all if it was recorded or not, because there is not a chance that an acoustic version will ever be even half as good as the electric verison!
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

gilmourgroupie is that you and david on your avatar?
gilmourgroupie07
Embryo
Embryo

Oh, I see. Personally, I don't mind at all if it was recorded or not, because there is not a chance that an acoustic version will ever be even half as good as the electric verison![/quote]

It is bloody good, did you see any of the shows it was breathtaking!

Saint Seiya wrote:gilmourgroupie is that you and david on your avatar?
Yup, taken at Abbey Road!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

gilmourgroupie07 wrote:Yup, taken at Abbey Road!!!!!!!!!!!!
How did you manage to get in there?!?!?! 8)
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

She was one of the lucky winners from the DG blog contest last summer. Ten people got to go watch the Abbey Road session from the balcony. You can see them in some of the shots. There's a few more of the people who went that post here as well.

Lucky bastards.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

fatoldbob wrote:Lucky bastards.
True ... but some are quite smug about it don't you think ? :wink:
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

wiped wrote:
fatoldbob wrote:Lucky bastards.
True ... but some are quite smug about it don't you think ? :wink:
I thought that... And just then I wrote it.
gilmourgroupie07
Embryo
Embryo

Cowards wrote:
wiped wrote: True ... but some are quite smug about it don't you think ? :wink:
I thought that... And just then I wrote it.

I think I'm quite intitled to be smug for a little while longer, wouldn't you?

This is one of the only places people understand anyway, most of my friends have no idea about anything - it's shocking really.

:)
gilmourgroupie07
Embryo
Embryo

fatoldbob wrote:She was one of the lucky winners from the DG blog contest last summer. Ten people got to go watch the Abbey Road session from the balcony. You can see them in some of the shots. There's a few more of the people who went that post here as well.

Lucky bastards.
I think you can see me swaying along to smile, I never win anything either I nearly fell of my goddamn chair when I found out!
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

do u have more pics?
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

gilmourgroupie07 wrote: This is one of the only places people understand anyway, most of my friends have no idea about anything - it's shocking really.

:)
Sounds like you need new friends..

:lol: