A NIGHT'S ENTERTAINMENT ? OR A NIGHT'S EXTORTION ?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Roger Waters co founder and writer of a majority of pink floyd songs = £50

Austrailian Pink Floyd - coverband playing what the bloke above wrote = £25

I know who I would rather see - and it ain't the cover band
bigfins64
Embryo
Embryo

worth the money ??

Post by bigfins64 »

yes the tickets are bloody expensive, specialy if you want a decent view. but lets be honest they who set the ticket price know how much they can charge and still manage to sellout the venue. we are the suckers who buy the tickets . saying that i took off three weeks work and will drive and fly about 5000 miles and bled $400ea for 2 shows and $240 for another and am now desperately trying to get tix for the second night in melbourne . and i will do it again next time any of these big guys come out. and guys if you are going to download all these roios you really owe it to yourself (if not the artists) to go and see it "in the flesh" these boots no matter how good they are arent a patch on being there

P.S. i have 2 extra platinum tickets for melbourne on the first night (1st of feb) and would like to trade them for something on the 2nd night or if anyone would like to buy them i paid $400 (through amex , thats a whole other scam) but they are in row 5
also may have extra 2 tix for brissy gold section s9c row AT $240 (possibly trade for night 1 eric clapton 6th feb )
and for the kicker i have 2 extras for eric clapton on the 7th of feb.

sory no that rant above wasnt just to try and help offload a couple of extra tickets. email is [email protected]
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Im beginning to have regrets about not forking out 100euro for his show in The Point , Dublin in May (even though I detest The Point as a venue) .... I just got outbid on Ebay for a ticket (I was only going face value) :(
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Köln Arena (Cologne ) prices are expensive too. Although I dont't like the venue I managed to get some tickets that should allow at least a decent view. They cost me 100 € each. I think this is quite a sum but as said before: you've got to decide whether you want to spent that amount of money. And there was no time left to consider the pros and cons because the good tickets were gone quickly.
Honestly, PF and Roger Waters are the only artists I 'm willing to spent so much money on. I refused to spend 75 € for U2 and I won't pay 100€ for a Genesis ticket this summer. :smt024
oyv666
Blade
Blade

Post by oyv666 »

Last year i went to see Roger in Norway...ca $100
Gilmour in London and Venice(4 shows)...ca $500
and i'm going to Roger's 2007 show here in Norway...ca $100
I even had to stay 1 extra week in Venice because of stage problems $alot

I don't think this is expensive at all and i'm not a rich guy...
I got to see my music heros and these guys are Rock Legends...
The shows were fantastic and it was absolutely worth the price!!!!

Hearing Echoes was worth the price alone..
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

yes the ticket prices are a bit high. BUT .... I can honestly say that the experience was worth the money. As a matter of fact I went with a group of 15 people and many of them remarked that it was the best concert they had ever been to. When you look at it from that perspective, the $115 or so per ticket that we spent was well worth it.
kardyl
Axe
Axe

Post by kardyl »

I spent about $850 US for 2, 1 night in Auckland NZ, includes tickets, accom, airfares, rental car.

Money well spent - when will we see Roger again?? - never??

Better than the first plan to fly from NZ to Magny Cour, France 2 people 1 week would have been approx $7000 US!!

Come to NZ more often - let me spend more money.
wispa2000
Embryo
Embryo

Re: A NIGHT'S ENTERTAINMENT ? OR A NIGHT'S EXTORTION ?

Post by wispa2000 »

Earl's court was also a high priced event but cannot remmember what was paid for the 3 tickets we ad!
Think we endedup paying well over £200 for em!

But as it was a great night I would have paid £2k TBH ,
The maddness of things was the Live 8 £££???? Free show but cause roger was reuniting! they ad to charge!

Id pay a good price and while promoters know that theirs a fan that will pay it will happen.
puns
Axe
Axe

Post by puns »

wow , you guys payed a lot of money for the 2007 tour.

Mumbai prices were good considering the price difference in $ and rupees.

tickets here were 70 $ , 45 $ & 20 $ . i had to go for the 20 $ as i had to save up for iron maiden show next month after RW.

plus it was a great show.

tour tshirts were like 15 $ but sold out very quickly :(
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Try 50, 70 and 90 Euro in Budapest. I don't know what rate is exactly, but 90 Euro is definitely over 100 dollars. I paid my ticket 70 Euro, and the T-shirts were about 40, I think. Way too expensive. Only the tour posters were 5 Euro, which was closely a reasonable price.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

Saw Roger last week 5/24 in Continental Arena in New Jersey. Three tickets for first tier cost $505.00 with all other charges included. His show was the same as last year (saw him 9/12-13/06). Unfortunately, the air conditioning was not turned on or not working. It was quite warm, to say the least.

Is it extortion? Probably! However, if one wants to see the show, one must pay the piper. Will I see him again? Probably.

As highly priced as tickets were for Roger's shows, David's only show in Radio City Music Hall in NYC were well over double in price. Would I have bought some if they weren't already sold out? Definitely!! Seems it is easier to get tickets for Roger than it is for David. Roger has played in the states in l999, 2000 (In The Flesh) and 2006 and 2007 (Dark Side of the Moon).Last year was David's first US appearance since PULSE.
crazy_diamond
Axe
Axe

Post by crazy_diamond »

pinksmile wrote:Could someone please tell me why concert tickets to see Roger Waters in 2007 cost so much ?. I paid 150 Australian dollars for a seat
and that is the exact reason i didnt go see roger waters....
mum made me pay for the ticket myself... and i had no whhere near 180 aussie dollars...
so i missed a once in a life time chance....

so i have decided to put aside some money just incase david comes down under...

grrrrr i wish tickets were cheaper! we are not all made of money!
kjh1965
Axe
Axe

Post by kjh1965 »

I paid 200 for the sydney gig..had nice seats though ..about 23 rows back and dead in front....even had a pig land on the boys just in front of me...priceless that!!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

quote="pinksmile"]Could someone please tell me why concert tickets to see Roger Waters in 2007 cost so much ?. I paid 150 Australian dollars for a seat[/quote]

That works out at around £63.00 the uk tickets were £50 and that was the most expensive ones. the tickets for the Point show in Ireland were 100 euro's and that works out to be around £68.00

hudini 90 euros is around 120 US dollors

puns how many rupees were the ticket for the show you went to
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

AtomHeartMomma wrote:Seems it is easier to get tickets for Roger than it is for David.
I'd put that down to the fact that Gilmour was playing much smaller venues than Waters, thus tickets were comparatively scarce.