A NIGHT'S ENTERTAINMENT ? OR A NIGHT'S EXTORTION ?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Re: A NIGHT'S ENTERTAINMENT ? OR A NIGHT'S EXTORTION ?

Post by fatoldbob »

Much smaller venues, and not very many shows.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

A couple months ago I got 2 tickets for the Hollywood Bowl show for $56 apiece straight off Ticketmaster, and that's the total price after all the taxes and fees. Those are the cheapest concert tix I've bought in ages...is it more expensive in other countries for some reason?
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

I paid about $130 a ticket last year and thought it was a little bit pricey, but after the show these were the reactions I got from friends that came with.
- "That's the best concert I've ever seen"
- "Amazing"
- "I would go again in a heartbeat"
You get the idea.
The reason I mention is because I knew it was worth it, having seen "In the Flesh" several years earlier. But these people, some not big Water's fans, had no idea if there money was going to be well spent. Not one person in the 15 person group of us that went regretted spending the money for the concert because it was that good.

now that doesn't speak directly to your point, because we would have enjoyed the show just as much paying half that price ..... BUT ... I'm traveling to see it this time, so almost $300 for 2 tickets and parking, plus $200 for accomodations in Philly, $100 in gas and tolls to get there .... $600 before we eat, drink or buy a t-shirt. But the experience (in my opinion) is worth it. How many chances will you have to see DSOTM performed live? I guess my point is, can we still say it's overpriced if we're willing to pay for it AND pay extra to travel to it? Probably not ..... And that's what the promoters know also. Of course it's all about money and economics, everything in this world is.