Roger in India !!!

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Roger in India !!!

Post by AsydWaters »

WOW !!! He's gonna be here !!! I'll be damned if i don't get to be the fisrt in the que to buy the tickets to the show (sale begins 25 th Jan) for his 18th Feb Mumbai tour!!!!Rest assured I'll telecast it live here for all you folks!!!Roger .....I'm gonna do that Hammer hands again :D :D :D :D :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Hey, that's really great. Which venue will he be playing at?
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

I can't believe you just found out! I've known since early November probably. Hes going to Dubai as well, and I'll be there most definitely. Got my tickets and applied for visa!:D:D
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Wow is there any part of the world Roger won't play now !

Great news for the folk who live in this beautiful country and now i wonder, when will Roger announce his tour of French Polynesia ? ( :wink:'s at Ultraviolet )
ultraviolet
Blade
Blade

Post by ultraviolet »

Soon I hope!! ( :wink: 's back at Mr Moodyblue)
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Keith Jordan wrote:Hey, that's really gr
eat. Which venue will he be playing at?
WHAAAAAAAAT?.....SPEAK UP I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

[bRoger Waters' Dark Side of the Moon in India concert tour is to performed live at the MMRDA Grounds in Mumbai on Sunday, February 18th 2007; from 13:00hrs IST onwards.

Mumbai will rock to the sound of one of the greatest rock legends of all times - Roger Waters, co-founder and creative genius behind Pink Floyd. The Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon concert tour in India is sponsored courtesy of Royal Challenge & DNA Networks and the iconic rock star will perform live at the MMRDA Grounds in Mumbai on Sunday, February 18th! This is Waters’ second performance in the country.This will be the landmark in the history of Live Rock Shows in India since his last visit in 2002, when he enthralled more than 30,000 fans in Bangalore.
He’ll be here, live, performing in true Pink Floyd style. For the less aware, this event promises to be an entertainment extravaganza unmatched by any other – because DNA Networks, the event organizer is leaving no stone unturned to ensure that fans get the ultimate Pink Floyd experience.
The event will include signature Pink Floyd effects of thundering helicopters, the pink pigs, and brick walls, combined with psychedelic special effects and a 360 degree quadraphonic sound. The concert is the largest event ever held in India, and Roger Waters is expected to arrive in India a day before the event, with a 12 member band, and more than 32 tons of equipment to ensure fans get the ultimate experience. The concert is also the longest ever held in India, with the legendary expected to perform on stage for close to three hours!
Says the legendary rock star,
My last India experience was phenomenal. The Indian audience really knows how to rock – and Bangalore was a fabulous city. I’m looking forward to being in India again, and rocking with my fans in Mumbai. From what I hear of Mumbai as a city – this is going to be a rollicking experience !!"
!
In the Set One of the concert Roger will play classic compositions from the masterpiece “The Wall”, Pieces from his best selling albums ‘Animals’, Wish you were here’ and ‘The Final cut’; and songs from Waters' solo albums: "Amused To Death" and "The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking" will also feature during the performance.
Set Two will consist of Roger Waters and the full band performing "The Dark Side Of The Moon," one of the defining works of rock music history, from start-to-finish. He will enthrall us with the famous tracks such as ‘Breathe’, ‘On the run’, ‘Time/Breathe’, ‘Money’, ‘Us and them’, ‘Brain damage’ and Eclispe’. from the third best selling album of all time and has remained the longest standing album on the US Billboard top 200 chart in history (at over 741 weeks on the chart).And the closing song is not yet disclosed but I figure it will be Comfortably Numb with the new footage and/or "To Kill A Child".

As said by Mr. Alok Gupta, Executive Vice President, Marketing, United Spirits Limited,"Royal Challenge is proud to present Roger Waters to the Forever Young Indian audiences. Like Roger Waters, Royal Challenge is a brand that has appealed to a wide spectrum of audiences cutting across age and time. In true sense this is an association of two legends coming together.""Royal Challenge and Roger Waters are two names that can effortlessly unify different generations in one single spell. Very few brands enjoy such wide appeal and hence their association is absolutely perfect and in harmony."Discussing the event, Mr. Venkat Vardhan, Managing Director, DNA Networks, says, “Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side Of The Moon" is an iconic album, and a best seller of all times. It remained in the Billboard Top 200 best-selling albums chart for a record-breaking 15 years and, as recently as 2003, occupied the #1 spot on the Billboard Pop Catalog chart. In 2004, the album was still selling more than 8,000 copies a week. It has been estimated that 1 in every 14 Americans under the age of 50 owns a copy of this album. Not just rock music buffs, but music enthusiasts of all ages love Roger Waters’, and following the phenomenal success of the Roger Waters’ concert in Bangalore in 2002 – we were sure we wanted him to come back again.”

Royal Challenge presents Roger Waters in association with Pepsi, Reliance Mobile, Worldspace and VH1. The Category sponsors are Taj Land’s End, HSBC, TicketPro, Indiatimes, Lufthansa and NDTV.

The tickets priced at Rs.3000, Rs.2000 and Rs.1000 will be available across all Planet M outlets starting Friday 26th Jan. Fans can also have tickets home delivered through tele-booking at 022 - 26706641.

For further information contact:
Karuna V
DNA Networks
Phone: 080-41137994
Email: [email protected]
or
Shradha Dudeja
VOX Public Relations
Phone: 9871080464
Email:[email protected]

Book Online tickets :BigTree
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

moodyblue wrote:Wow is there any part of the world Roger won't play now !

here :lol:
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

So near yet so far ....

Post by AsydWaters »

FloydCouncil wrote:I can't believe you just found out! I've known since early November probably. Hes going to Dubai as well, and I'll be there most definitely. Got my tickets and applied for visa!:D:D
Having known this since early november;I am very confused as to why didn't you post about it in the "Dates for 2007 thread??" as I was pleading for any info reg. above then??
Isn't it ironic that you leave next to me but can't attend the show all because of the Powers that Be and their Politics ; cos I'm sure you also have nothing personal against our people and the common folks of both our countries really want to be able to freely interact and live together in peace.
I really have no words to describe the feeling.. :cry: ..how I wish you could be here on 18th and together we would've shared some true PinkFloyd memoirs....wish you-could-be here,instead of going to Dubai...
May be someday we'll meet when each small candle wipes out the LoC and lights the corner of the dark...
puns
Axe
Axe

Post by puns »

Roger is having a press conference at 12 pm on saturday at Taj Lands end ... its for press only though , ill be there outside trying for an autograph on something special :D
shabana
Embryo
Embryo

Post by shabana »

puns wrote:Roger is having a press conference at 12 pm on saturday at Taj Lands end ... its for press only though , ill be there outside trying for an autograph on something special :D

Hey so did you manage to meet Rog??? I'm so excited for you guys in Mumbai- and for myself :lol: I'm going to see him in Dubai on the 21st.
puns
Axe
Axe

Post by puns »

The show was awesome ... The sound was amazing , visuals were alright for me , i was quite far away from the stage but overall , the entire set left me speechless... :D
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

Wow ,,that Pig....with Kafka Rules written over it and "Hum Sab Ek Jaati Hai"(in hindi means "We all are one (human) not divided by class).I will never forget that smile of satisfaction /of achievement that Roger bore when he finished "Leaving Beirut"....I really think he enjoyed playing here cause that sparkle in his eye eyes and when Dave K. stopped to take a snap off those slogan bearing folks from Bangladesh with Roger Thanking them personally was spontaneous...I mean for Roger to stop mid way on his tight set list that was really a moment to cherish.While I have to admit there was this thick layer of "marijuana" apart from the one I was having the show was true to form "Roger Waters Style".