I HAVE A DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Eclipse

I HAVE A DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Eclipse »

I am carrying this question since I downloaded the ''complete version of another brick in the wall'' at Kazaa. I'd like to know if the three parts of the song and The Happiest Days Of Our Lives are one entire song divided (as you know, they are connected. you see it when you hear the ending of another b. i. t. wall part1 at the start of the happiest days of our live). --------------------->>That's my question: are these 4 songs (part1, the happiest days of our lives, part2 , part3) divisions of a same song, or these 4 songs don't have relation with each other? PLEASE, I NEED TO KNOOOOOOOOOOOW THIIIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: Thanks!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Well part 1 is about Pink's father dissapering off and not coming back leaving nothing but a photo behind. The happiest days of our lives goes to the next significant point in his life where he describes the oppression he feels as a result of the education system crushing his spirits so ABITW2 is a fantasy about rebelling. It comes after THDOOL obviously on the cd.

And ABITW3 is when the wall is almost complete and at the end of the first cd where Pink decides he doesn't need anybody. I would think the link is that these are all significant moments of consideration in his life. The first one being considering and experiencing the horror of life with no father, the second being about the oppession at school that he realises he has to put up with to get anywhere and the third being of considering The Wall and realising he needs "no arms around" him e.t.c

THDOOL is just there to seperate the eras of his childhood.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Thanks for the answer! :D :wink:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Bruno...I hope this doesn't come off as an insult, but you ARE aware that The Wall has a story running through ALL of the songs, connecting them all together, right?
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

The Wall is a work of art 8) 8) :D
nightmare
Blade
Blade

Post by nightmare »

Spirit Catcher wrote:The Wall is a work of art 8) 8) :D
i wouldn't put it like that. i would say that the wall is more than work of art, mozart's symphonies are work of art and we all know that the wall is better than anything mozart ever created.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

i would say that the wall is more than work of art, mozart's symphonies are work of art and we all know that the wall is better than anything mozart ever created.
Heh, I won't argue (my cellist friend would tho), but that is a bold statement there. But then I used to tell this friend of mine who was (and is) a non-Floyd-fan philistine that it wouldn't matter if he was Beethoven if he didn't like DSOTM he was musically retarded.
nightmare
Blade
Blade

Post by nightmare »

Piper wrote:But then I used to tell this friend of mine who was (and is) a non-Floyd-fan philistine that it wouldn't matter if he was Beethoven if he didn't like DSOTM he was musically retarded.
well everyone has its opinion and people's opinion od DSOTM is stated by the fact that is the best selling rock record of all time(correct me if i am wrong but i have read this insome magazine), and now about 20 years later it still sounds better than anything ever created
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

babylonjah wrote:well everyone has its opinion and people's opinion od DSOTM is stated by the fact that is the best selling rock record of all time(correct me if i am wrong but i have read this insome magazine), and now about 20 years later it still sounds better than anything ever created
Yeah! There were no heart beat or whispered things in Mozart's works. I have tried to listen to Ludwig Van's 9 but let's face it, classical music is overall quite boring. :wink: There are maybe few good pieces, like Claude Debussy's Claire De Lune and... well not many. Think of if there would've been in the end of No.9 someone saying: "there is no ode to joy really, in a matter of fact it's all number nine..." or "Sind das was wir in gehen?!" (Don't know if this was proper deutsch, I studied it long ago)