Double Core Update...

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
mosespa

Double Core Update...

Post by mosespa »

With a little over three weeks left before the deadline, I thought it might be nice to check in and see how everyone is coming along.

For my own part, I have started Come And See over having obtained a new mixer and a new (much better) microphone.

How's everyone else coming along with their songs? Is anyone finished and needing my mailing addy so that they can send it to me?
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I've written Silent Victory, and more or less arranged it in my head. I'm getting together with a friend later this week to work out some extra guitar parts, and should have it recorded the following week, finishing up the last few parts that weekend, then off to you in the mail.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Sean, sorry, I couldn't send you the "demo" version - tomorrow it will be up, also I'll finally send the whole thing :D
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Sean,Magnolia's done and is wingin' its way over to you as we speak..
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Awww jeez...sorry mosespa, I'm gettting senile. I was done weeks ago. I'll send it off to you next week fer sure.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Sean, I've sent you an edited version to put up on MySpace Double Core profile, from addy [email protected], and it's 5:37 long. Tomorrow will send the disc with all 10 minutes :D

Since I did that through Sendspace, I'll also give you the file's link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t6o1mw
Patrik
Axe
Axe

Re: Double Core Update...

Post by Patrik »

demo #2 of our No Heaven No Hell is recorded.
Tomorrow we will be in a studio to make recording for Double Core :-)
mosespa wrote:With a little over three weeks left before the deadline, I thought it might be nice to check in and see how everyone is coming along.

For my own part, I have started Come And See over having obtained a new mixer and a new (much better) microphone.

How's everyone else coming along with their songs? Is anyone finished and needing my mailing addy so that they can send it to me?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Bumping this topic back to the top just to let everyone know that we will soon have the maximum four tracks up on the site...and I'm considering making the site viewable by the general public.

Up to this point, the only people who've been able to view the site, see the pics and hear the music are the people who've been involved with the project.

Anyone have any problem with opening up the site? Let's start our little "media blitz" with a couple of singles.

As new songs get sent to me, the songs on the site can either be cycled through, or I can hold certain ones off so that there'll still be an element of surprize to the album itself.

Let me know what you guys think.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

mosespa wrote: I'm considering making the site viewable by the general public.
Why not! The two songs up on the site so far are both excellent and I ,for one,am really looking forward to hearing this thing as an album in its own right,irrespective of the PF connections.Making the site full public access will enable everyone else's appetites to be similarly whetted.It might be useful,though,if we could give an idea of likely release date of the full album together with an idea of how its gonna be made available-I hate it when I hear an ace tune on the radio or something but am not told what it is or how and when I can get hold of it!
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

Sorry for the absence lately - been pulling 50-hour weeks and not really having much desire to spend my free time in front of another monitor for any length of time!

I've got a pretty complete instrumental mix of Away From The Skies, and should be able to record and mix the vocals this weekend and have it off to you not long afterwards. I'll pm when I'm done!
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

mosespa wrote: Anyone have any problem with opening up the site? Let's start our little "media blitz" with a couple of singles.

As new songs get sent to me, the songs on the site can either be cycled through, or I can hold certain ones off so that there'll still be an element of surprize to the album itself.

Let me know what you guys think.
Certainly hold off with Titanic Drill. It's not "singles" material. It's "album" material. 8)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

LOL@"singles material"

I was actually referencing the fact that there are two songs with vocals (which could be A-sides,) and two instrumentals (which could be B-sides, if you will.)

I'll be opening the site up for the general public in just a bit.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

mosespa wrote:LOL@"singles material"

I was actually referencing the fact that there are two songs with vocals (which could be A-sides,) and two instrumentals (which could be B-sides, if you will.)

I'll be opening the site up for the general public in just a bit.
Wow, singles :D Just imagine... Singles sales... Radio airplay... Good music... Yeah, baby :D I do hope that you included my instrumental in your mentioning :D
Patrik
Axe
Axe

your mailing addy

Post by Patrik »

yes, Mosepa, we need your mailing addy!

gladly send it to

[email protected]

Cheers! Patrik
mosespa wrote:With a little over three weeks left before the deadline, I thought it might be nice to check in and see how everyone is coming along.

cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

Patrik, You guys Rock on that song!! VERY well done! [-D-]