significant dates

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

significant dates

Post by drafsack »

Today is the 6th July and the 6th July 1977 was a significant date - others include

14 Dec 1974

17 June 1981

29 Oct 1994

So what is significant about these dates - and there is more than one answer!
sundog_rocks
Axe
Axe

Post by sundog_rocks »

Last dates of each of Floyd's tour...

July 6th, 1977 -> Last show of the "In The Flesh" Tour, which included the infamous (or famous) spitting incident

June 17th, 1981 -> Last show of "The Wall" Tour, where Roger poops on Neil Diamond!

October 29, 1994, LAST FLOYD SHOW EVER!?!?!

Tut tut- Moderator
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

sundog_rocks wrote: June 17th, 1981 -> Last show of "The Wall" Tour, where Roger poops on Neil Diamond!
poops on neil diamond??????? :?

How did that pass the filter? - Mod
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Stupidus wrote:
sundog_rocks wrote: June 17th, 1981 -> Last show of "The Wall" Tour, where Roger poops on Neil Diamond!
poops on neil diamond??????? :?
Yes! Tell us all about it! Tell us more!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Last dates of each of Floyd's tour...

July 6th, 1977 -> Last show of the "In The Flesh" Tour, which included the infamous (or famous) spitting incident

June 17th, 1981 -> Last show of "The Wall" Tour, where Roger poops on Neil Diamond!

October 29, 1994, LAST FLOYD SHOW EVER!?!?!
You left out 14 Dec 1974 - but as you correctly said these were the last dates of a floyd tour. But along with 5.7.1975 (Which I forgot to add to the original post) what other lasts do they are they associated with?
Stupidus wrote:
sundog_rocks wrote:

poops on neil diamond???????

Yes! Tell us all about it! Tell us more!

At the start of run like hell Roger did a small introduction (the roio wall idnetifier has all these intro's) and during this show he made a comment along the lines of "at least Neil Diamond's not here".
sundog_rocks
Axe
Axe

Post by sundog_rocks »

Not sure what else these dates were famous for (see my earlier post), but here are some other guesses:

Dec 14, 1974 -> Maybe the last "Shine On" with all 9 parts played as one song (and not split up?) Or the first performances of some of the Animals material (Raving and Drooling, You Gotta Be Crazy, etc...)?

July 6th, 1977 -> Last time Pink Floyd would ever perform the complete WYWH album, as well as perform songs from DSOTM and Animals with Roger present.

June 17th, 1981, Last live Wall show with classic Floyd lineup (Gilmour, Wright, Mason, Waters), also, the final live show that the 4 would ever play together on-stage.

October 29, 1994, LAST FLOYD SHOW EVER?

I thought I knew a lot of Floyd trivia, but you got me...

What's the answers??!?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

14 December 1974 - the last time they played without other musicians on the stage all the time. When they toured in 1975 they had snowy white on guitars and bass. (also the first show I saw them)

5 July 1975 - The last time Dark Side of the moon was played in its entirety with Roger in the band.

6 July 1977 - The last time Richard Wright played in the band as a band member member with Roger. By the time of The Wall shows Rick had been sacked and hired as a session musician.

17 June 1981 - The last time Roger played with the band

29 October 1994 The last Floyd show