Wet Dream with cut frequencies?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Harman18
Embryo
Embryo

Wet Dream with cut frequencies?

Post by Harman18 »

well. I have downloaded some Wet Dream "lossless" version and it sounds great. I didn't mentioned lossy compression in it but I analyze it and the frequency over 16KHz is almost muted (at least i think it's not absolutely cut).

I guess CD was mastered by Sony. Is it possible they just f*cked up the noise reduction in mastering?

Thanks for all reactions

PS: for those who wants tell me about "illegality" shut up. i have ordered my own original copy on ebay and i'm waiting for a delivery
Frinkium
Blade
Blade

Re: Wet Dream with cut frequencies?

Post by Frinkium »

Harman18 wrote:I guess CD was mastered by Sony. Is it possible they just f*cked up the noise reduction in mastering?
I highly doubt they would do that - more likely, your "lossless" files have come from an mp3 generation at some point. Somebody may have made an audio CD from mp3, given it to somebody on CDR, who's subsequently ripped flac or shn files from it, perhaps not realising it was lossy. I'm sure it happens all the time.

But if it is mp3 sourced and it still sounds okay to you, who really cares? Just don't distribute it. I only own a lossy version since it's impossible to buy or download in lossless anywhere.

Nice album though. I'd buy a legit reissue.
Harman18
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Harman18 »

But it doesnt look like compressed and cut but almost muted.