pink flyod inspirations of eletronic music?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
nightmare
Blade
Blade

pink flyod inspirations of eletronic music?

Post by nightmare »

when i first started listening to pink floyd my friend told me that techno and all that eletronic music were established by pink flyod music. he said that a lot of early techno musicians had their inspiration in flyod music. as much as i like pink flyod i still think that he is just talking bullshit so i must ask all of you here is that true?
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I don't believe that techno or electronic music was the direct result of Floyd's music. If they learned anything fron Floyd it was a desire to be experimental and innovative. They way they created the music is very inspirational.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

quicksilver wrote:I don't believe that techno or electronic music was the direct result of Floyd's music. If they learned anything fron Floyd it was a desire to be experimental and innovative. They way they created the music is very inspirational.
Yep...that's right.

As far as electronic and techno are concerned, Floyd started experimenting with rubber bands and bottles and other stuff in their early albums. Not very techno! :lol:
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

I had a friend once and he said he thought One of these days was the influence for all dance music.

The uk band underworld, sounds very floydian to me in places, especuilly on dubnobasswithmyheadman.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I think On The Run inspired dance music, well not so much that as inspiring Joy Division who began that whole dance rock movement thingy.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

The ambient sound of Floyd is very inspirational. To me everything from Meddle to Animals is timeless. The rest sound a bit dated. I'll ask my dad "When do you think this was recorded" (About One of these days)... Mid 1990s? mmm... try 1971... "WOW"!