Neptune Pink Floyd Festival 2007 - NOW CANCELLED

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Neptune Pink Floyd Festival 2007 - NOW CANCELLED

Post by drafsack »

Syd'sSexy wrote:
drafsack wrote:SS if you are going to make the effort to come all that way I will make the effort to come and meet you. Also Stu might be there and he might remember to bring the Flaming lips DVD's he's been threatening to give me for the last yeae or so :wink:
That's a very nice offer drafsack! Are you planning on being nice to me? :lol:
Of course of course 8)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

BigDim wrote:I still think it's really funny that his surname is PRATT! It's a really funny name.

You know his dad used to be Jeff Randall in Randall and Hopkirk ( he was the one still alive)
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

You know his dad used to be Jeff Randall in Randall and Hopkirk
Really? He's just gone up in my estimation. Jeff Randall was a hero of mine - big time.
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

drafsack wrote:You know his dad used to be Jeff Randall in Randall and Hopkirk (he was the one still alive)
No way! What a lame to fame!!

If that is true it's still pretty funny. It always used to make me laugh when I watched the opening credits to the show.

To be fair though, I did quite enjoy the show. That remake with Reeves and Mortimer wasn't too bad either. Ooooh and with Emily Fox... now her dad was James Fox I reckon.

I tell yer, that Emily Fox, she could Randall my Hopkirk any time she liked.
darkside_andy
Axe
Axe

Post by darkside_andy »

Isn't your Hopkirk deceased?
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

You must be thinking of my Captain Kirk.
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

My Dick Dastardly doesn't get as much Mutley as he used to :(
darkside_andy
Axe
Axe

Post by darkside_andy »

Is Mutley classed as 'dogging'?
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

Gerald and I are planning to come to England all the same because we had already booked the ferry . Actually we are planning to change destinations. Go hiking on the coastal footpath instead of visiting Frome. But if some NPF members are gathering in Frome we might change plans again.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Hi everyone, its me again!

I should have a hundred and one things to say but Ive been stupidly humbled by the support of the tribute bands that were involved in the Marathons that ive spent 10 minutes blubbing and have resorted to drinking Pepsi Max because more beer would just make me more emotional!!!, I cant tell you how much it means. I was really concderned with falling out with you folks, especially Joe who bit the bullet when he didnt have to and pulled together a great show in Glasgow for the forum folks. Theres probably a lot of people who dont realise how many drinks they owe you Joe!!

Regarding the Somerset show: As a big Depeche Mode fan I have to say that All I ever Wanted, All I ever Needed, was there, on the farm!!

Typically the only person thats rocking the boat is filthyfish (legendary ban evador and twat!), but we already know hes an asshole anyway and should fuck off back to the rock he crawled from under, and take his shite Floyd tribute band with him,.....didnt know I came to a show did you? you were my 20th Floyd tribute band that Ive seen, I hope youre doing it just for fun!!!

So where are we now?.....

Well, its good to see the bad feeling towards Dave Gee dwindling, please give him a go folks, granted if this was a book that youd jumped into halfway through it could look a little suspicuous but trust me, hes done nothing but been a rock for several months for numerous reasons and lets not forget, anyone taking down the new event is also lumping in the Us And Them guys whether they intend to or not and Jason and co quite simply dont deserve that, they are a bunch of guys with a love of Floyd (as are we all) playing it because they love it. The Cheese & Grain have already shat on them twice this year by booking in 2 Floyd tributes at their local venue earlier in the year possibly hampering their big hometown gig, it doesnt help them when it finally gets back on track and people decide to slam it!

OK, Im going to get back to listening to the Sophtware Slump, Im half way through my second listening this evening but Draf still doesnt rate it as their best!!! hes obviously wrong!! everyone should just kick back and aim towards the sky, how you get there should be........
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

WhammyBar wrote:Fact is, we just join in on this kind of venture because it brings a sense of community with other musicians and fans. It is especially rewarding to make friends with other bands, and as long as we can remain trustful of each other there can be a ton of mutual benefit. More events of this type, but smaller, would be terrific.
Ok, I know Im breaking the forum rules by making a double post here but this is a post that I feel needs to be quoted, for no other reason than the simple fact that Ive never read another post that so perfectly sums up the NPF tribute mentality (at least from my perspective). We're first and foremost Floyd fans and we play Floyd tunes, anything else is a bonus, unfortunately my delusions of grandeur got the better of me this time (again!!), it was just that 1 step too far but damn, it was worth a go wasnt it?
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

simpledumbpilot wrote: Ok, I know Im breaking the forum rules by making a double post here but this is a post that I feel needs to be quoted, for no other reason than the simple fact that Ive never read another post that so perfectly sums up the NPF tribute mentality (at least from my perspective). We're first and foremost Floyd fans and we play Floyd tunes, anything else is a bonus, unfortunately my delusions of grandeur got the better of me this time (again!!), it was just that 1 step too far but damn, it was worth a go wasnt it?
Spot on!!

You really shouldn't be discouraged from putting on another event, pal. We're all on your side, even your Darkside.
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

:)

Feel free to post drinks......

Anyhoo........... isn't it about time we just had 1 Pink Floyd tribute band..... and do 1 festival a year. Just imagine, a band with 64 members (57 playing guitar), all playing the solo from Numb at the same time.......
We could call it "Big Floyd" and everyone would love it.

And we could take over THE WORLD.
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

Hi filthy :)

I suppose that Guy Pratt would need paid no matter what, and the veune may have some costs they wanted cover, plus expenses for the bands and other costs (PA, engineers, setup etc...) so you will find that there may have been a minimum of £1000 or so to cover before any money got split between the bands.
Given that the bands would also incur expenses for travelling and setup, then your looking at a couple of thousand of pounds of expense. If ticket sales are poor, then someone has to stand the cost of this (Stu in this case).

Anyway...... i understand how difficult it is to put these type of shows on..... without decent pre-sales it really is a financial gamble going ahead with the show, unless all involved are happy to waive all expenses and fees until there is some money through the door.

:(
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

Plus Stevie G's mini bar expenses.