Neptune Pink Floyd Festival 2007 - NOW CANCELLED

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
W1P
Blade
Blade

Re: Neptune Pink Floyd Festival 2007 - NOW CANCELLED

Post by W1P »

I don't believe that when someone acts to prevent the loss of money (and perhaps a substantial amount) that their actions can fairly be characterized as being "all about MONEY."
alma
Hammer
Hammer

Post by alma »

That seems to be a sensible point of view. The one who would be responsible for paying all the bills can't risk to lose a lot of money in the end. Only a few would be that philanthropic , idealistic or daft at least if it is evident that there might be substantial losses.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Although the best laid plans of mice and men and Stu went awry,don't forget,gang,that there's still a substantial Floydian "happening" er,happening at the Cheese and Grain in Frome this Saturday night between 6 and 11pm.Two top tribute bands,namely Breathe and Us and Them will each be playing totally different sets and they will be supported by the incredible Feathers and some chap from The Amber Herd having a furtle through the Floyd's acoustic gubbins.All for far less than the price of an EMI reissue! Although this isn't an official NPF event,there will still be lots of folk associated with the site and the previous marathons either playing or drinking or both so please pop down and say hello.Cheapish accomodation is probably still available round the corner at the George so you can make a proper Somerset scrumpy downing night of it! Hope to see you there....
http://www.cheeseandgrain.co.uk
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Id like to extend my congratulations to Jason and Co, Dave and Co and also Neil0891505050 for making the best of a bad situation and providing the Floyd show I waned to provide had I taken a step back and assessed the situation. Having just checked my e-mails i think we should all send congratulatory mails to Guy Pratts management because they now want to charge me £500 for not appearing at a charity gig when he was appearing on Planet Rock Radio instead, got to admire the greed of management! so I think we should shame them! They want money for not playing at a charity gig, think we should make that as public as possible and drag his management through as much mud as possible, theres no such thing as bad publicity I hear you say? bollocks! Even if that is the case there really is a very solid thing known as bad publicity! and cunts like that deserve it!

PS, nice to find out Im not an admin no more in exactly the same way I found out before, you really know how to look after youre own dont you Keith!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Having just checked my e-mails i think we should all send congratulatory mails to Guy Pratts management because they now want to charge me £500 for not appearing at a charity gig when he was appearing on Planet Rock Radio instead, got to admire the greed of management! so I think we should shame them! They want money for not playing at a charity gig, think we should make that as public as possible and drag his management through as much mud as possible, theres no such thing as bad publicity I hear you say? bollocks! Even if that is the case there really is a very solid thing known as bad publicity! and cunts like that deserve it!
What the fuck? Are they trying to re-define the word "wanker"??
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

PublicImage wrote:What the fuck? Are they trying to re-define the word "wanker"??
Quite possibly, however you slice it its ''Bad Sandwich'' time in the Pratt household!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:PS, nice to find out Im not an admin no more in exactly the same way I found out before, you really know how to look after youre own dont you Keith!
What is the point of you being an admin if you have only been on the forum probably 5 times in this year? I did email you but you have deleted your hotmail account?
SurrogateJoe
Blade
Blade

Post by SurrogateJoe »

so........um, how did the gig go?

Was there a good attendance, any reviews?
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

SurrogateJoe wrote:so........um, how did the gig go?

Was there a good attendance, any reviews?
In the absence of any other reviews so far I attach below the blog I put on our myspace site which gives an overview from my point of view.To answer your question,SurrogateJoe,the audience was selective,I'd say,although they were all there to have a good time and the floor filled for Breathe.The highlight of Us and Them's set was undoubtably Echoes but they played a fair bit of the new stuff with applomb too.Breathe excelled on their take of Darkside,bits of The Wall,including a manic ABITW2 and a superb encore of See Emily Play.Great lights too!
In closing,cheers to Stu for the good vibes.I can't believe Floppy-Fringe is after some money! What a cheek! Let us know how that goes.Clearly you are in no position to pay him but if legal action is suggested let's get together and see what we can do.I don't want you to be out of pocket just cos that breadhead can't accept we're not all in it for the money.

Cheese and Grain, Frome - 25th August

Arrived in beautiful Frome in mid afternoon on perhaps the hottest day of the year to dump the bags at The George and find that The Cheese was a pleasant five minute walk away through the town and across the river. On arrival at the huge, cavernous venue at 4pm, inevitably, the first band to soundcheck, the mighty Breathe, were still doing just that. Got talking to Pete Feathers and the others from his new Hanger 3 project. A great bunch of people with some great tunes who deserve to go far. Breathe finished by 4 and Dave suggested we get a quick drink which we did down the road. With time ticking on to doors at 6pm it seemed appropriate to get back to the venue for about 20 to 6 to find Us And Them still soundchecking - giving Feathers and I a maximum 10 minutes between us to have our go. Ordinarily this is fine - particularly for a show like this where one just needs a quick line check but on this occasion, with 5 mins to showtime, my effects pedals decided to die. Added to this the birdsong and fx bed CD to be used for the opening number wouldn't play! Gift! So....with doors now open I was straight into the set without a safety net of any sort! Hadn't even had a chance to have a beer...Notwithstanding all this the 40 odd minute set seemed to go down well. Had a superb on stage sound and learnt later that the out front sound was good too so cheers to the excellent CnG house engineer. The understandably Floydian setlist was - Cirrus Minor/ Cymbaline/ Green Is The Colour/ If/ Fat Old Sun/ Pigs On The Wing 1/ Is There Anybody Out There/ Pigs On The Wing 2/ Mother and our own Magnolia to finish. All in all a good set which seemed to be appreciated by the perhaps limited but certainly vocal Floyd hardcore. Some good feedback. A huge advantage of being the opening act at such a shindig was that we then had from 7.15 to near midnight to have a few beers and this we did through Us And Them, Feathers' set and onto Breath who were the show's highlight - particularly Darkside Of The Moon and Jill's amazing Great Gig. Missed On The Run though guys! Spent yesterday in Bath, again in the sun, and Lilly found herself roped into some guy's street theatre show outside the Abbey and ended up on his shoulders on a unicycle! My newly-aquired Breathe T-shirt led to us meeting an American Couple who are mates of Ronnie Wood. Rock and Roll! Thanks to everyone who came to Frome. Keep in touch. Those of you who didn't missed a great show. We hope to see you at Folked Up on 20th September. We're now off to EuroDisney for some RnR!!
bald_fat_bloke
Axe
Axe

Post by bald_fat_bloke »

manic?

Yeah, you're right...... talk about innapropriate behaviour! Somebody please help me to exorsize (??) the demon that dwells within me that urges more & MORE FLOYD BANDZZZ ON STAYGE.... on the same day ... reduces to incoherence...... mutter... Rick Wakeman has the right idea... grumpy old keyunt!!! Does this forum allow..... ?

Torpoint was BLINDING THO'
http://www.breathefloyd.co.uk/Reviews.htm
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

bald_fat_bloke wrote:Yeah, you're right...... talk about innapropriate behaviour!
Oooh, do tell!