Neptune Pink Floyd Festival 2007 - NOW CANCELLED

Discuss Pink Floyd tribute acts including NPF projects too!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Neptune Pink Floyd Festival 2007 - NOW CANCELLED

Post by Keith Jordan »

Before entering into "contact" did anyone actually reasonably for see any profit being made in this not for profit event? Thus I doubt anyone would be successful suing for damages in terms of lost income as no income was expected to be made by all involved? But I don't really know anything about Stu's arrangements so there! Was it to be a profit share if any was made?
WhammyBar
Axe
Axe

Post by WhammyBar »

Keith Jordan wrote:Before entering into "contact" did anyone actually reasonably for see any profit being made in this not for profit event? Thus I doubt anyone would be successful suing for damages in terms of lost income as no income was expected to be made by all involved? But I don't really know anything about Stu's arrangements so there! Was it to be a profit share if any was made?
No, I don't think anyone expected a profit, that would be asking a lot - especially the first time round with something like this. When we first spoke about it after Brighton, I recall that Stu did say to me that any profit would be divided amongst the bands on top of their expenses (correct me if I'm wrong Stu!). However, any hope of that swiftly disappeared with the booking of Mr Pratt - who would have been the only Musician making a certain profit from the day.

The venue of course would make some money, we don't begrudge that... and the Government would get a cut too!

Fact is, we just join in on this kind of venture because it brings a sense of community with other musicians and fans. It is especially rewarding to make friends with other bands, and as long as we can remain trustful of each other there can be a ton of mutual benefit. More events of this type, but smaller, would be terrific. Self promoted events are heavy on the purse, and joint ventures must be a good way forward.

Robert
http://www.usnotthem.co.uk
http://www.myspace.com/thefloydtribute
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

I still think it's really funny that his surname is PRATT!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

BigDim wrote:I still think it's really funny that his surname is PRATT!
Does the "G" in Stevie G stand for Gitt?
darkside_andy
Axe
Axe

Post by darkside_andy »

No, the G stands for Gorgeous, well he was a gorgeous baby at least, well according to Steve anyway.

BTW Jim, the comment about the multi-talented Mr. Pratt was a bit uncalled for......
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

I would like to know which forum members are planning to attend. I have not cancelled my flight or hotel reservations yet because there are many individuals from this forum I would like to meet! However, I am not going to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars if no one is going to be there. So, who's going?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

I don't even know if I'll be going or not. It's not looking too likely at the moment, as I may be in Bretagne on that day!
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

PublicImage wrote:I may be in Bretagne on that day!
Oh, there are worse fates in life! You are one forum member that I would truly value meeting. However, if you have the choice, go to Bretagne!
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Keith Jordan wrote:Before entering into "contact" did anyone actually reasonably for see any profit being made in this not for profit event? Thus I doubt anyone would be successful suing for damages in terms of lost income as no income was expected to be made by all involved? But I don't really know anything about Stu's arrangements so there! Was it to be a profit share if any was made?
As I recall,any "profit"from the event was to be donated to Crisis,the homeless charity.I think Stu struck on this idea so as to ensure no bread-related hassle ensued.Shame,really, that Guy Pratt couldn't have seen it in himself to do his thing for a reduced fee,or even for nowt,given that his Dad-in Law is so heavily involved in that charity!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Syd'sSexy wrote:I would like to know which forum members are planning to attend. I have not cancelled my flight or hotel reservations yet because there are many individuals from this forum I would like to meet! However, I am not going to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars if no one is going to be there. So, who's going?
SS if you are going to make the effort to come all that way I will make the effort to come and meet you. Also Stu might be there and he might remember to bring the Flaming lips DVD's he's been threatening to give me for the last yeae or so :wink:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

BigDim wrote:I still think it's really funny that his surname is PRATT!

No more stuped than having a name like BigDim
darkside_andy
Axe
Axe

Post by darkside_andy »

Now that kinda depends Draf, it's not stupid if you are Big and Dim :lol:

I can at least vouch for him being Big (tall that is..)
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

I still think it's really funny that his surname is PRATT! It's a really funny name.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

drafsack wrote:SS if you are going to make the effort to come all that way I will make the effort to come and meet you. Also Stu might be there and he might remember to bring the Flaming lips DVD's he's been threatening to give me for the last yeae or so :wink:
That's a very nice offer drafsack! Are you planning on being nice to me? :lol:
BigDim
Blade
Blade

Post by BigDim »

Syd'sSexy wrote: That's a very nice offer drafsack! Are you planning on being nice to me? :lol:
Hahaha!

CLASS!!